PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Party WWYD

Mommy Of A Little Angel
03-11-2011, 05:12 PM
I have not been around in awhile, still lurking, but not posting much. Life has just been hectic that last few months! We are coming up on birthdays again and I am not sure what to do.

DD1 is turning 5 and is in preschool and has lots of friends so her party is easy.

DD2 is turning 2 and since we moved here 6 months ago she doesn't really have any friends her own age. She plays with the neighbors (ages 3 and up) but mainly it's her sister's friends she is hanging out with, kwim? Last year, we had a great group of friends that had kids both of their ages and we did a big joint party and it worked out great. I don't think I can do a joint party this year because it would be mainly 5-7 year olds, many coming from DD1's preschool class (who don't really know DD2 besides drop off/pick up!)

We do not have any family in the area so we can't even do a small family party. I feel bad having a party for DD1 but nothing for DD2. Any suggestions on how to make her birthday special too?

MommyofAmaya
03-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Your two year old will be delighted with a big piece of cake and the happy birthday song. Don't feel bad about not having a party. There will be many more to come. I might hold off on a "friend" party for one more year with Sebastian too (he will be 3), just because I can. I'm guessing he will definitely want a party by 4yo.