PDA

View Full Version : It's not November, but I'm feeling very thankful

YouAreTheFocus
03-11-2011, 05:39 PM
One year ago today, my (then 5 mo old) son was discharged from the hospital. He had spent 8 days there, recieving IV antibiotics for a a life-threatening infection. It was definitely the most stressful and emotionally draining situation I have ever experienced. Everytime I read a post about a child being hospitalized, my heart goes out to the parents.

The Drs who cared for him felt it was very likely that the infection would be a reccuring problem. I am so grateful that here we are, a whole year later, with a healthy & happy 17 mo old. I feel like I can breathe a sigh of relief, and be confident that the episode is truly behind us.

Is there anything you are feeling thankful for? Please share :)

mickminmom
03-11-2011, 05:49 PM
What a happy end to a very scary time! I am glad to read that your DS has not had any other episodes!

Our much wanted second child arrived in March, 2 years ago, and I am so grateful for that! I think about the 3 years I spent wishing and hoping for another child and I feel very blessed to have been given this great gift. (I also try to remember how much I wanted another child when there is tons of screaming and crying going on!!)

So, March is a month of Thanksgiving for me also! :)

liz
03-11-2011, 05:51 PM
My DS2 has had 2 serious infections- one requiring hospitalization (just a week ago). I am so very, very thankful for my doctor and all the other health professionals who we have come in contact with. And I am so profoundly grateful to the scientists/researchers who discovered the medicines to treat his infection/fevers.

elephantmeg
03-11-2011, 06:01 PM
yeah! So glad he's been healthy!