PDA

View Full Version : Indie seat recline

C&C's mom
03-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Does anyone have an indie that doesn't like the strap that adjusts the recline on the seat? I really don't like mine. I think it is hard to adjust when the child is in the seat. Also, does anyone find that the seat doesn't sit up all the way? It seems my seat never gets to the straight back position. Am I doing something wrong?

roseyloxs
03-12-2011, 02:10 PM
Yea the strap is less then perfect for sure. I much prefer the bar recline that was on the 2008 and earlier strollers. I can recline it just fine while the kids are in it but I do have to ask them to sit up if I want to push it back up. Definitely not one handed either. To get it the most upright I shove the seat all the way forward with no kid in the stroller. I then tighten it as much as possible. Then I push it back and try and tighten it again. You can tell you are in the most upright position when the seat is even with the strap on the frame. It is physically impossible to tighten it past this point based on design. This position is very upright though I can't imagine a child needing to sit anymore upright then this.

Multimama
03-12-2011, 02:30 PM
I don't have one, but it looked like a pain in the Baby Gizmo video! I'm glad I didn't imagine that they used to have a bar recline mechanism. :)

roseyloxs
03-12-2011, 02:45 PM
I don't have one, but it looked like a pain in the Baby Gizmo video! I'm glad I didn't imagine that they used to have a bar recline mechanism. :)

Yea. I find all strap reclines to be a pain but bumbleride's might be the worst but not by much. The BJCM was easier but still sucked IMHO. The '05 MB was harder to recline but easier to sit back up but then you have to fix all the extra fabric. Bar and one handed (non-strap) reclines are SO, SO, SO much better. I hate the zipper ones too like on the old Valcos.

Multimama
03-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Yea. I find all strap reclines to be a pain but bumbleride's might be the worst but not by much. The BJCM was easier but still sucked IMHO. The '05 MB was harder to recline but easier to sit back up but then you have to fix all the extra fabric. Bar and one handed (non-strap) reclines are SO, SO, SO much better. I hate the zipper ones too like on the old Valcos.

Yeah, I hate the strap recline on my Blink too. Some are definitely easier than others though. One of the things I love about Al is the recline mechanism. It is not one-handed on the way down, but you just push it back up. :)