PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good quality pretend food for 1-yr old

megan973
03-12-2011, 12:07 PM
Any recommendations? I don't want wooden or felt because they all still go in the mouth. Also I'm concerned about plastic and paints.

Do you have anything that your LO loves?

Seitvonzu
03-12-2011, 02:56 PM
the ikea food is safe for that age IMO (and would have been for my child)--it is fabric, but you can wash it.

there are lots of people who like learning resources plastic food. i'd stick to soft food at that age,personally.

ExcitedMamma
03-14-2011, 04:33 PM
Not sure if this is what you are looking for but my son loves his Leapfrog Potsy. If yo haven't seen it it's a small pot with a lid, spoon, a tomato, corn, broccoli, peas, and something else that I'm forgetting. It sings songs and counts and talks. Lots of fun for him.

03-14-2011, 06:34 PM
DD is 22 months and has always loved her play food. The learning resources sets are great and take lots of abuse. I'm always seeing their pizza and cutting food sets in my kids preschools so I got them for my kids. Plan Toys food is wooden but safe.

Christine W

boilermakermom
03-14-2011, 11:35 PM
Stay away from the Melissa and Doug food. Solid wood...the milk and Oj are like small misselles when throw. Or stopes.

Jenn27
03-15-2011, 01:36 PM
We got some crocheted food from Etsy for DDs
first birthday and it still looks great a year and a half
later.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/honeybee69

We also have some Ikea food and it would be good too!

jenstring95
03-15-2011, 11:22 PM
We like Learning Resources food. It is plastic, full sized, and very realistic. Also, M&D makes plastic fruit and veggie sets that we like.