PDA

View Full Version : Costco Coupon Question

ohiomom1121
03-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Costco has a $5 off Similac coupon right now that says limit two. Does that mean if my SIL gives me her coupon I can get 2 more, or is it two per membership? I know all of the coupons have the same code on the back so is her giving me a coupon any different than me just scanning another coupon next time I go?

Snow mom
03-12-2011, 04:12 PM
It means you can buy 2 of the item with the dollar amount off each. You only need one coupon. I'm not sure if they keep track of purchases so you can only use the coupon once or not. Could you ask her to pick up two on her membership and pay her back?

ohiomom1121
03-12-2011, 04:44 PM
I thought about that but not sure when I'd see her again to get them. I already used my coupon but don't know if hers would work if she mailed it to me.

Radosti
03-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Every one of the coupons in your book has the exact same code. Only hand over one coupon per visit and it will cover all your discounts - i.e. paper towels, chicken, soda, diapers, everything. The next visit, you can use another coupon out of the book and you will get the same discounts on whatever you are buying. Plus, you can always request another book at the CS desk. It's two formula cans discounted per visit. Visit as many times as you need to stock up on formula or whatever else.

Simon
03-12-2011, 05:51 PM
:yeahthat:

You are limited to 2 of the item per visit. I used to wonder if they tracked how many of an item we had purchased via our member account. They don't.

Each visit you can buy two more. We often visit once at the beginning and once at the end of a coupon cycle to buy the items that have a limited number. We used Costco (Kirkland) brand formula, otherwise I am sure we would have made many (!) visits.

ohiomom1121
03-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Thanks everyone...looks like I'll be stocking up this month!

MMMommy
03-12-2011, 07:17 PM
I don't know what the right answer is, but the cashier at Costco told me that the computer keeps track of the count. So if you buy max two of an item in one shopping trip, he says you cannot buy two in the next shopping trip even with the coupon. He says the discount will not come off automatically when you go over the count. I haven't tested this, so I don't really know if he was just saying that.

Smillow
03-12-2011, 07:45 PM
I don't know what the right answer is, but the cashier at Costco told me that the computer keeps track of the count. So if you buy max two of an item in one shopping trip, he says you cannot buy two in the next shopping trip even with the coupon. He says the discount will not come off automatically when you go over the count. I haven't tested this, so I don't really know if he was just saying that.

I have been able to use 2 diaper coupons in the past (2 separate visits). This was a while back, however.

kijip
03-12-2011, 11:51 PM

I think he was just saying that. My brother uses ours and his and extras all the time for baby, cleaning and paper products.

s.indumati
03-12-2011, 11:52 PM
i have a doubt... i know costco accepts the $5 similac coupons.. so now they have their own $5 off coupons.. so can i use both of them at the same time so that i get $10 off in a single pack of similac..

Uno-Mom
03-13-2011, 12:32 AM
Sounds like the different stores are inconsistant. Our store is really anal about collecting every.single.separate.coupon and not giving them back! (We've never tried using a friend's coupon on a 2nd visit, though.)

Smillow
03-13-2011, 12:46 AM
Sounds like the different stores are inconsistant. Our store is really anal about collecting every.single.separate.coupon and not giving them back! (We've never tried using a friend's coupon on a 2nd visit, though.)

My Costco did this to me once - they said that they were the Costco with the smallest customer base but the highest coupon redemption rate. I was annoyed having cut out each coupon when visiting another Costco & them not wanting them (and they are tricky little bugger to get @ sometimes!) so I had saved myself the trouble & just cut out one that was easy to get to :rolleyes: - that was a mistake!

ohiomom1121
03-13-2011, 12:52 AM
Do you guys that are asked for each coupon have the self check out lines? I usually go through there and just scan one coupon from the book and it takes off all the discounts. That's why I wondered if they kept track based on membership.

Uno-Mom
03-13-2011, 12:58 AM
Do you guys that are asked for each coupon have the self check out lines? I usually go through there and just scan one coupon from the book and it takes off all the discounts. That's why I wondered if they kept track based on membership.

Nope, we don't have that. Wow, don't the lines really pile up with people self-scanning their huge cart fulls?

ohiomom1121
03-13-2011, 01:07 AM
Nope, we don't have that. Wow, don't the lines really pile up with people self-scanning their huge cart fulls?
No, they are always much shorter (but I go during the day...I refuse to go on the weekends when they are all slammed).

AnnieW625
03-13-2011, 01:54 AM
I am sure that you'll be able to use it twice during the promotion period (based on my experience in the past on buying other stuff), that is what I plan on doing and it should be my FINAL formula purchases:yay: . I am thinking that you should be able to use the checks on the Similac too since they take the checks, and the coupon is just an added benefit. I am going to try on Monday (although the Similac checks I have don't have my name on them) :praying: so I'll let you all know if it works.

This is what I do too. One time I even had a box of diapers and didn't have that coupon and the cashier came over and made sure that they scanned the correct line to get the discount on the diapers. All you need is one coupon, so let's say you are buying the Clorox Drop Ins (also on special this month) and you the Brita filters, the diapers, and the Similac all you need is just one coupon from the coupon book and I don't even think it has to be something you are buying. I usually find self check out annoying, but not at Costco. I :heartbeat:x100 self checkout at Costco.

DebbieJ
03-13-2011, 02:13 PM
So jealous of those of you with self checkout at your Costco.