PDA

View Full Version : Calling all bikini waxers

oneontheway
03-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Ouchhhhh. So I bought an at home kit and it hurt which I had pretty much expected but it worked. I actually got like red dots were the hair came out... is this normal? It actually looked like blood but they didn't bleed.
I'm curious when you do it or go to a salon how many strips do they use? I did like three small strips and had to take a break. Are the strips always small or do you/they make them bigger for larger areas? The only other think I've ever had waxed was my eyebrows.
Does the discomfort really get easier the longer you do it?
Thanks!

bubbaray
03-13-2011, 04:24 PM
I used to wax, for years. I could do my legs myself with good results. IME, bikini waxing is not for newbies and, at least for me, not something that ever worked well at home. YMMV.

Yes, the red bumps are normal, and there can be some bleeding. A mild astringent like witch hazel is what I used afterwards, or you can use nothing.

Twoboos
03-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Totally agree that doing your own bikini wax is very difficult. Even the esticians (why can't I spell that?) I have gone to admit they have someone else do it.

When I get it done they do a larger area I think. Never really looked, LOL, but I can't imagine they're doing the same size as brow or lip. It would take forever.

I'm pretty used to it, but you could pop an Advil or similar before you go.

pharmjenn
03-14-2011, 03:52 AM
If you do it again, right after your pull the strip, press your hand onto the area. Pressure decreases the pain.
I have never done any of my own waxing. The pain does decrease with time, and also easier with shorter hair, less growth that occurs as you continue to get waxed

pinkmomagain
03-14-2011, 11:02 AM
Oh lordy. I would not attempt bikini waxing at home. Leave that for the professionals.

army_mom
03-14-2011, 03:30 PM
I agree that even the ladies at the spa have someone do their bikini wax. Before I go get waxed, I take motrin and use no scream cream as well. And the first time is always the worst (or if you have not gone in a long time) and gets better as long as the hair isn't too long!