PDA

View Full Version : Need a booster - where to begin?

rebeccaravit
03-13-2011, 05:00 PM
It's time to upgrade to a booster and I don't know where to start. Currently we have two Marathons. We need a booster for both kids for my husband's car, a Volkswagen CC but they would eventually be used in my Odyssey when the kids outgrow the Marathons.

What is the difference between a HBB and a backless? When do you convert to the backless?

KrisM
03-13-2011, 05:19 PM
Boosters aren't usually recommended until age 5, when kids can sit properly all the time. It looks like your youngest is still 3 and that really isn't old enough for a booster.

High backs offer some comfort for sleeping and some added protection from the head wings. Backless seem to be used at age 8 and over or so, around here.

We have a Britax Parkway SG and really like it. We also have a Recaro Probooster and like that, but it was tippy in the 3rd row of my Ody.

Why do you need to move them to booster? Why not another harnessed seat for the youngest? How big is the oldest?

rebeccaravit
03-13-2011, 05:58 PM
The kids have outgrown the "spare" carseats that were in DH's car. They are both over 40lbs.

KrisM
03-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Then, maybe a nice Parkway or a Turbo booster for the older one and a Nautilus or a Maestro for the younger. Those will both harness past 40 lbs until he's old enough for a booster. The Maestro is only about $80, if price is a concern.