PDA

View Full Version : Help... feel like I'm starting over!

cmonbaby
03-13-2011, 07:09 PM
I know my youngest right now is only 3 but I'm so out of the infant seat loop and have no idea what to buy this baby on the way. We have *plenty* of time to research but I'm already so excited to start the process!

With my older 2 we used a Graco SnugRide but I think things have changed a bit. What would you recommend for a newborn now?

We have an Odyssey so will have plenty of room for any kind of seat I'm pretty sure. Will end up moving DS to the back row, center. Just want something practical and safe (as we all do!) for the new babe.

jjordan
03-13-2011, 07:54 PM
The snugride is still very popular - moreso the higher weight limit versions (30/32/35) than the 22# version. Since it is so popular, many stroller manufacturers make their strollers compatible with it, which can be an advantage. Another great infant seat is the chicco keyfit. The onboard 35 is pretty new but has lots of fans as well. If I were buying an infant seat I'd check out the new First Years infant seat (although I'm not sure when they're introducing it on the market - not before summer IIRC).

Joolsplus2
03-14-2011, 07:56 AM
Yeah, love love love the Snugride 35. Chicco Key Fit is very nice, too.
Do you already have a stroller, or are you starting fresh? (Graco fits in most, so if you have one or more, it might be good to go with that brand again... I might get a Maclaren Easy Traveler to put on the floor in front of the infant seat, if I were doing this all over again, and get a SR35... having a very convenient way to tote a baby around when chasing big kids is imperative...been there, done that :D)

vonfirmath
03-14-2011, 08:50 AM
We are using the Graco Safeseat we used with our 3.5 year old because it is not expired yet.

If it were, I'd be getting a snugride35.

Beth24
03-14-2011, 11:12 AM
Just want to say I loved my Keyfit, but I moved my baby to a Britax Boulevard at 6 months even though he has not yet outgrown it. After he hit 18 pounds the seat just seemed too small and not comfortable enough for him. He didn't complain, but I never took the seat out of my car anyways so I figured that I might as well. This is my long winded way of saying I could have used a less expensive, lower weight limit seat and been just fine.