PDA

View Full Version : BOB double stroller

barkley1
03-13-2011, 07:39 PM
a friend on FB has a BOB double jogging stroller for sale for $150. From the pics it looks to be in great shape, and it probably 4-5 yrs old, just a guess. the only other thing I know about it is that the front wheel does NOT swivel.

I'm not a jogger, but enjoy walking around our neighborhood. DC2 is on the way (we have a 20 month old now) so I'm looking around for double strollers. I guess this would be too wide for going into store, but what about outside stuff, like walking, at the beach, etc? Is that a good deal? Does it matter about the wheel?

TIA!

poohbear
03-13-2011, 07:47 PM
a friend on FB has a BOB double jogging stroller for sale for $150. From the pics it looks to be in great shape, and it probably 4-5 yrs old, just a guess. the only other thing I know about it is that the front wheel does NOT swivel.

I'm not a jogger, but enjoy walking around our neighborhood. DC2 is on the way (we have a 20 month old now) so I'm looking around for double strollers. I guess this would be too wide for going into store, but what about outside stuff, like walking, at the beach, etc? Is that a good deal? Does it matter about the wheel?

TIA!

YES it matters! ;) Unless you are running, you want a swivel wheel. Otherwise, you have to physically lift the stroller to turn. Not fun. (it does seem like a decent price if you're looking for a running stroller though)
BOB duallies do fit into stores (though they take up a lot of room, but IMO most doubles do).
Keep looking for a used Revolution (swivel wheel) duallie, Mountain Buggy Urban Double, Bumbleride Indie Double, etc. For beach, the BOB will probably be best because of the 16 inch rear wheels - on the Revo, you can lock the front wheels in place...

roseyloxs
03-13-2011, 08:23 PM
I have to disagree. $150 is a good price for a double, especially a BOB. I could deal no problem with the fixed wheel. Pushing down on the handle to turn the stroller is not hard even with two kiddos. I have been pushing around my BJ switchback with a fixed wheel and have not been annoyed at all. Also you would want to fix the wheel for the beach anyway so this might work out in your favor.

If your area is very curvy, meaning you never get to walk in a straight line you may want to reconsider. However for $150 I could deal with a lot worse then a fixed wheel and it leaves you more money for your indoor double. :D All that being said I would find out how old the stroller is before agreeing on the price.

WatchingThemGrow
03-13-2011, 08:54 PM
The recline may not be very deep, and older models do not accept a carseat. You need to find out the year and figure out how early you can use it, lest you be disappointed...