PDA

View Full Version : Took dh stroller shopping...help

Tajsa
03-13-2011, 09:23 PM
The place we went had a bob double, valco matrix, b-ready, bjcs, vista, a bunch of umbrella strollers, tandems and travel systems. He choose the bjcm because of the price, weight and fold.

I'm wondering if it will be sufficient enough for walks around the neighborhood sides walks, parks and the zoo. Or if it's worth it to upgrade to the elite. I'm trying to talk him into a mb swift, however he's really stuck on how neat the bjcm fold is.

roseyloxs
03-13-2011, 09:32 PM
Yes it will do but the swift would be much better :D

arivecchi
03-13-2011, 09:39 PM
DHs don't know much about strollers ;)

All stroller decisions are mine. IME, they get hung up on really strange things.

wellyes
03-13-2011, 09:39 PM
The bjcm is nice and could be your only stroller if money is tight. But it's not really meant for outdoors. I would get a Bob in addition or instead, not a BJCE. Bobs are workhorse strollers and people who have them love them. BJCEs are more feature-rich but fuzzier and reviews are mixed.

Multimama
03-13-2011, 10:31 PM
The bjcm is nice and could be your only stroller if money is tight. But it's not really meant for outdoors. I would get a Bob in addition or instead, not a BJCE. Bobs are workhorse strollers and people who have them love them. BJCEs are more feature-rich but fuzzier and reviews are mixed.

But the Bob recline isn't flat enough for a newborn, right? So it couldn't be your one and only stroller unless you used a carseat in the beginning, which is not recommended.

OP, do you plan for this to be your one and only stroller? The BJCE is great for the zoo, the neighbor and things you described, but most people prefer something smaller for the mall, stores, etc. (It can certainly be done, but for a one and only I would prefer a Swift or Indie.)

WatchingThemGrow
03-13-2011, 10:49 PM
I would have really enjoyed the BJCE singe with my first. Instead, we have the double that I use all.the.time. When we need something very small or for some flights, I use a Triumph. Much prefer the features of the BJCED, as did my DH and our tallish DC.

Tajsa
03-13-2011, 11:29 PM
But the Bob recline isn't flat enough for a newborn, right? So it couldn't be your one and only stroller unless you used a carseat in the beginning, which is not recommended.

OP, do you plan for this to be your one and only stroller? The BJCE is great for the zoo, the neighbor and things you described, but most people prefer something smaller for the mall, stores, etc. (It can certainly be done, but for a one and only I would prefer a Swift or Indie.)

Yes it's our one and only for a 4 & 2yr old.

vonfirmath
03-14-2011, 08:48 AM
I'm wondering if it will be sufficient enough for walks around the neighborhood sides walks, parks and the zoo. Or if it's worth it to upgrade to the elite. I'm trying to talk him into a mb swift, however he's really stuck on how neat the bjcm fold is.

I have used by BJCM (City Mini) for all of those places (sidewalks, parks, zoo), plus the unpaved water pipeline right-of-way behind the apartment we lived in when our baby was born. Oh and the mall, shopping, going to the children's museum. All over.

edurnemk
03-14-2011, 10:39 AM
For sidewalks and parks I much prefer air tires or foam tires.

The truth is a lot of us find the 2 stroller combo to work the best: a nice outdoor stroller and a light car and travel stroller (usually you get this one when the baby is older)

Make a list of the features you want and then find one that fits that's within your budget (or the bargain experts here can help you find a deal). The BJCM is nice, but more of an indoor stroller (i.e. mall). Some people do great with that as their one and only, but it really depends on your lifestyle. For me the stroller was my main vehicle, so it had to be a workhorse with great steering.

If you don't mind them not being reversible the MB Swift and the Bumbleride Indie are wonderful compact AT's. I have a Vista and LOVE it, DS is 3 and we still use it, but we do have an umbrella stroller for travel and such (I get nervous about how airline personnel handle strollers so I don't trust them with the expensive one).

liamsmom
03-14-2011, 11:51 AM
I'd like to add that the BJ fold is only really useful if you're constantly un/folding the stroller and moving it in and out of the car. If you think the stroller will most likely sit in the garage, then a MB Swift or other air-tire stroller might be preferable.

Tajsa
03-14-2011, 12:50 PM
It will be moved around a lot. From the van to the garage when I need the back for other things and for all the outings we go on usually 2/week. This summer it will be used more.

poohbear
03-14-2011, 09:07 PM
It will be moved around a lot. From the van to the garage when I need the back for other things and for all the outings we go on usually 2/week. This summer it will be used more.

You can use the BJCM for everything if that is what suits your budget. It is a great stroller for in and out of the car. You can always add an A/T later...