PDA

View Full Version : Belt Buckle Cover

chays
03-13-2011, 09:31 PM
Hi everyone,

I am trying to find a way that if I have DS1's booster next to DD's Harnessed Seat that he won't accidentally unbuckle her. The way the LATCH spots are in my 3rd row of the Sienna, the FR must go on Passanger side, RN in the middle and I want to try a probooster on the driver's side (if it will fit). Would a product like this be safe to use on the Radian so DS can't accidentally unbuckle her?
http://www.amazon.com/Angel-Guard-Seat-Button-Cover/dp/B000UXOER2/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Of course, MIL has unbucked the harnessed seat while riding next to it, so even if the booster won't fit, it will protect the install from MIL!

Thanks!
Cheryl

o_mom
03-13-2011, 10:27 PM
What I have done in the third row of our Odyssey is to put a piece of velcro on the button of the seatbelt release for the harnessed seat in the middle. I just cut a piece of the 'hard' side of some sticky-backed velcro to fit the button. It has actually worked quite well with multiple people riding back there (some in boosters, some not) since they can feel that it is the wrong button.

The other way I have heard to help with this issue is to cut the toe off of an old kid's sock, then put that over the buckle stalk, install and then you can slide the sock up over the buckle to cover it. I haven't done that one myself, but heard about it from another tech.