PDA

View Full Version : Guava Family Go Crib Review

jbbhb
03-14-2011, 03:16 AM
I just got back from my trip that I bought a GoCrib at the last minute for (thank goodness for overnight shipping from amazon!). I took the GoCrib with me to Texas, the backpack it comes in fit inside my larger suitcase so I was able to ship it through inside my luggage.

I can review it in one word...amazing! So far I think it is definitely worth the heftier price tag. If I would have known about this option before getting the pack n play I would have gotten it instead.

The set up was easy. I practiced one time at home and then was able to do it in less than 5 minutes at the hotel without opening the instructional manual. The pump is manual but is very fast and doesn't make you get sweaty. I would hate to burn any calories unintentionally :rotflmao:. I inflated it once on the trip and it never lost any pressure in the four days. As previous reviewers have mentioned, this is not like beach ball inflatable, it is like zodiac boat material. Very sturdy, very rigid once inflated. I was not concerned at all about the safety or sturdiness of it.

The mattress is pretty thin, but my baby slept great on it so it must have been comfy. I thought it inflated itself, but then found later in the manual that the first few times you have to inflate it by mouth, easy enough.

It is so light, and was really nice to be able just to lift it up and move it wherever I wanted in the hotel. Especially since my husband wasn't with me. I could take it near the bathroom when I needed to shower :)

I have two tiny concerns... I bought the flat corner pack n play sheet that they manual said it would fit, and it was a little snug which caused the corners of the mattress to turn up a bit. I was more concerned before I put the baby in it because once he was in there it seemed to weigh it down enough. Secondly, the mattress basically sits on the floor, so I felt like it was a little chilly down there for him. I just folded the extra hotel blanket and set the gocrib down on that for a little insulation.

Other than that I am in :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:.

I'm happy to answer any other questions if anyone has any.

Blackbird711
03-16-2011, 08:48 PM
So glad you like it! We have a number of friends who swear by it so we got one for DS who is arriving in May. We're moving 6 weeks after he is born so I know the Go Crib will get a lot of us during the transition and after.

kaharris83
03-16-2011, 09:15 PM
Yay!! We ABSOLUTELY LOVE ours too!! We've used it for 2 trips now and I love that it can be carried onto the airplane. We use the Graco Pack N Play sheets and the corners don't fold up on ours. DS sleeps great in it. I bought the Phil and Ted's Travel Crib and the Baby Bjorn travel crib and returned both to get this and I'm soooooo glad I did. This is so much better than both.

whitedaisy13
04-18-2011, 10:05 PM
I've been looking at the GoCrib for the last few months and was set on it even after reviewing the Kidco Peapod (don't like that baby can't stand up in it) and the Baby Bjorn travel crib. However I was just told about the Phil and Teds traveller and now I'm having second thoughts. I am travelling internationally this summer with a one year old to tropical places that will have mosquitoes and other bugs so the complete seal of the Phil and Teds traveller really attracted me when I first read about it. Also my husband and I do quite a bit of camping/backpacking and the GoCrib seems to be a bit big to put inside a tent (we own a 4 men tent). So with those needs would you still recommend the GoCrib?

kaharris83
04-19-2011, 03:05 AM
I'm not a camper so I have no idea how large a 4 person tent is so I can't really comment on that. I think if I remember correctly the P&T Traveller may ha e been a little smaller than the GoCrib when it was set up. I didn't own them @ the same time so didn't compare side by side. I know GoCrib is set to introduce some accessories soon I believe. I can't remember exactly what they are but a U/V cover sticks in my mind as one thing. That may provide a more sealed crib to help woth mosquitos. Otherwise you could probably throw some mosquito netting over it.