PDA

View Full Version : "Sister Wives" is back!!

Corie
03-14-2011, 09:31 AM
FYI, Sister Wives is back with all new shows!!

JoyNChrist
03-14-2011, 10:00 AM
I've got it on the DVR! :)

swrc00
03-14-2011, 10:03 AM
I watched it last night. I can't wait for more shows.

calv
03-14-2011, 10:53 AM
I dvr'd the 9+ shows that were on yeterday.

I'm not quite sure i'll ever understand

hellokitty
03-14-2011, 12:20 PM
I saw it. I'm little bit mystified as to why they seem like they didn't realize that the media attn from the show would give them away to the authorities.

g-mama
03-14-2011, 01:22 PM
I saw it. I'm little bit mystified as to why they seem like they didn't realize that the media attn from the show would give them away to the authorities.

:yeahthat:

I didn't get why they were making such a big deal about the Today show when they had already 'outed' themselves by having their own show.

scrooks
03-14-2011, 01:27 PM

I didn't get why they were making such a big deal about the Today show when they had already 'outed' themselves by having their own show.

I think the Today show interview occurred prior to the first season of the show being aired. I think they mention that the time frame for the taping of last nights episode was Sept.

Puddy73
03-14-2011, 01:31 PM

I'm even more mystified as to how that doofus got FOUR women to marry him.

MSWR0319
03-14-2011, 01:33 PM

I really like most of the women and can't figure out what they see in him!

cono0507
03-14-2011, 01:53 PM

WolfpackMom
03-14-2011, 01:54 PM

I cannot watch that show, he irritates me too much!

JTsMom
03-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Yeah, the Joy Behar episode was way back around the time of the first episode b/c I remember seeing it then. It was confusing though. I think that they had sought some legal help before they agreed to the show and were told that Utah was not prosecuting any cases of just polygamy- it had to be attached to another crime, like welfare fraud or underage marriage. And that was true- the Browns were the first ones that were investigated in a long time. I want to say it was 20+ years, but I'm not sure on the time frame. It was kind of a shocker though. I remember reading some article about all of this when it was happening.

hellokitty
03-14-2011, 01:58 PM

Lol, I thought this too when Meridith asked him why he became a polygamist and he responded with that blank, dumb look on his face and it took him forever to say something. I was sitting there thinking that I can't believe he scored 4 wives, and what the heck these women see in him! I wish he'd get a haircut. It's only good if you are going for the male ditz look. Every time I see him, I expect him to flip his hair back.

kijip
03-14-2011, 03:34 PM
He did not have an answer because there is no good answer, especially when you don't come from a long background of polygamy. Polygamy is biblical in pretty much the same way slavery is biblical. They can live however they see fit as far as I am concerned but there is no way I am supporting their choices by watching that show. Same with the Duggars and the Gosselin people etc. Those are kids, and they deserve some privacy.

clc053103
03-14-2011, 03:47 PM

Seriously!!! And that hair isn't fooling anyone- you're going bald buddy, deal with it and cut off the mop!!!!

nicepersonfl
03-14-2011, 04:49 PM
While I don't/wouldn't subscribe to a polygamist lifestyle, I find the women genuine; their struggles normal; and I find the show interesting.

I think its ridiculous that they were investigated...no child brides, no welfare fraud, only "legally" married to 1 woman, the kids are not abused/well taken care for, they are working members of society - leave them alone!!!

MamaMolly
03-14-2011, 05:21 PM

Me too. I couldn't stand to watch all of the Today Show episode. The women were all saying 'we did this, we did that' and everything he said was 'I, I, I. I, me ,me, me.' Blech. And yawn.

MamaMolly
03-14-2011, 05:23 PM
snip.... They can live however they see fit as far as I am concerned but there is no way I am supporting their choices by watching that show. Same with the Duggars and the Gosselin people etc. Those are kids, and they deserve some privacy.

See I like the Duggars. I think they are a nice family with nice kids. I never thought about it that way, but you really have an EXCELLENT point here. They *do* deserve privacy. I'm going to have to ponder that one.

StantonHyde
03-14-2011, 07:35 PM
Yeah, the Joy Behar episode was way back around the time of the first episode b/c I remember seeing it then. It was confusing though. I think that they had sought some legal help before they agreed to the show and were told that Utah was not prosecuting any cases of just polygamy- it had to be attached to another crime, like welfare fraud or underage marriage. And that was true- the Browns were the first ones that were investigated in a long time. I want to say it was 20+ years, but I'm not sure on the time frame. It was kind of a shocker though. I remember reading some article about all of this when it was happening.

Oh it was more like within the last 10 years. Another guy went on TV with his wives and he got nailed. But I think he was the one who was married to a woman and then married her 13 year old daughter!!!!!!!! The 13 yo was of legal age when he went on TV but I think that's what they used to put him away. I think the last name was Greene. If you go public, its hard to ignore you. If people just go about their lives, then no, they are not prosecuted.