PDA

View Full Version : Monday fun: Your favorite Seinfeld episode

Twoboos
03-14-2011, 02:45 PM
The thread about Maestro got me thinking about this!

My all-time favorite is George as the Marine Biologist. When he takes out the Titlist golf ball at the end and holds it up... OMG, I remember watching it and literally falling off the couch in my college apartment crying laughing.

There are so many good ones. I should dvr the reruns for when we have nothing exciting to watch.

scrooks
03-14-2011, 02:54 PM
Ooooh! I like this thread. I'm a huge Seinfeld fan. There are so many good episodes, so hard to choose! I always laugh when I see the one where Uncle Leos eyebrows get blown off and they have to draw them on. Is that the same episode that Elaine is blackballed by the AMA for trying to steal her chart?

scrooks
03-14-2011, 02:55 PM
I also like the cockfighting episode! When George has the girlfriend in jail.

DietCokeLover
03-14-2011, 02:56 PM
Seinfeld clearly has to be the best show ever put on TV. I can watch them over and over and not get tired of them. I'm not sure I have an absolute favorite, but one of the first that comes to mind that I love is the Soup Nazi.

Gena
03-14-2011, 02:58 PM
My favorite is the one in the Hamptons.

This bit cracks me up every time:

Jerry: Do women know about shrinkage?
Elaine: What do you mean like laundry?
Jerry: No, like when a man goes swimming afterwards.
Elaine: It shrinks?
Jerry: Like a frightened turtle!
Elaine: Why does it shrink?
George Costanza: It just does.
Elaine: I don't know how you guys walk around with those things.

:rotflmao:

AnnieW625
03-14-2011, 02:58 PM
I have three:
the one where Kramer gets the Assman license plates by mistake (this made my 70 something grandpa at the time laugh out loud; and he didn't care for Seinfeld much at all)
the one where Poppi pees on Jerry's couch
Kramer and the Amazing Technicolor dream coat

The Soup Nazi, and the Muffin Tops ones are good too. I always remember them losing the car in the parking garage one too. The one where George parks the car at Yankee Stadium all weekend to make it look like he was working.

twowhat?
03-14-2011, 03:00 PM
My absolute fave was the one with the shower head for elephants...where Kramer was complaining about the water pressure in his shower and ended up buying a shower head off the black market and the guy selling it was like "are you sure? That's for elephants" and the last scene was of him stepping into the shower and getting blown away by the strong water pressure LOLOLOL!!!!

arivecchi
03-14-2011, 03:05 PM
The one where Elaine unveiled her funky dance. :hysterical:

boolady
03-14-2011, 03:11 PM
The episode where Kramer finds the old set to the Merv Griffin show and does the talk show from his apartment which is also the same episode where George hits the squirrel with his car and his girlfriend makes him pay for the squirrel to have surgery with the tiny little instruments.

Twoboos
03-14-2011, 03:22 PM
I just remembered another. When Jerry can't remember the name of the woman he's dating. She only says she was made fun of because it rhymes with a female body part. "Mulva?"

"WAIT! Your name is Delores!!" :ROTFLMAO:

Jo..
03-14-2011, 03:24 PM
The one where George picks food out of the garbage...CRACKS ME UP

True story...when DH and I were first dating we went on a long weekend to a cabin in Atlanta GA...We bought steaks and stuff for smores.

At the end of the trip we still had a couple of steaks, 1/4 bag of marshmallows, some graham crackers, and 3 Hershey bars. DH threw them all away. I was HORRIFIED.

When he went to the bathroom I picked the 3 Hershey bars out. They were wrapped, right on top, and you do NOT throw away chocolate!

I have since told him the story and he thinks that it's extremely cute. Lucky me. He could have gone "EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW".

Bens Momma
03-14-2011, 03:50 PM
The episode where Kramer finds the old set to the Merv Griffin show and does the talk show from his apartment which is also the same episode where George hits the squirrel with his car and his girlfriend makes him pay for the squirrel to have surgery with the tiny little instruments.

There are so many favs!! The one mentioned above and The Festivus episode are two of my top pics! "It's time for airing of grievances and the feats of strength! Festivus for the rest of us!"

Momma to 2 ACTIVE DS :bouncy::bouncy:
and another Jumping Bean appearing before Halloween!

Nooknookmom
03-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Not sure of the episode, but I always die when Kramer's body turns into the turkey and his head is, well, Kramer's and he says "Hey buddy!".

My all time favorite is the Soup Nazi. NO SOUP FOR YOU!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nooknookmom
03-14-2011, 03:54 PM
The one where George picks food out of the garbage...CRACKS ME UP

True story...when DH and I were first dating we went on a long weekend to a cabin in Atlanta GA...We bought steaks and stuff for smores.

At the end of the trip we still had a couple of steaks, 1/4 bag of marshmallows, some graham crackers, and 3 Hershey bars. DH threw them all away. I was HORRIFIED.

When he went to the bathroom I picked the 3 Hershey bars out. They were wrapped, right on top, and you do NOT throw away chocolate!

I have since told him the story and he thinks that it's extremely cute. Lucky me. He could have gone "EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW".

That episode was just on, lol! I'm on the edge of the bed going "no, George, don't do it!!!!" ;)

Too funny about the chocolate bars, I'd have done the same thing!

longtallsally05
03-14-2011, 04:16 PM
Bubble Boy.

George: "I'm sorry; the answer is MOOPS."

fortato
03-14-2011, 04:34 PM
Kramerica Industries. (HELLOOOOOOOOO!)
Kenny Rogers Roasters. (VILE WEED!)
And the one where George refuses to answer the phone because his girlfriend is going to dump him, so his answering machine picks up and you hear
"Believe it or not, George isn't at home, so leave a message...at the beep... I must be out, or I'd pick up the phone... where could I beeeee? Believe it or not, I'm not home......"

BillK
03-14-2011, 04:43 PM
I like the gonorrhea episode with Kramer and Mickey and the one with the 2 angry gay men and the armoire with Kramer.

"I gave you gonorrhea because I thought you'd have fun with it!"

vludmilla
03-14-2011, 05:14 PM
My absolute fave was the one with the shower head for elephants...where Kramer was complaining about the water pressure in his shower and ended up buying a shower head off the black market and the guy selling it was like "are you sure? That's for elephants" and the last scene was of him stepping into the shower and getting blown away by the strong water pressure LOLOLOL!!!!

Ooh, this makes me think of the one where Kramer tells his guests that he prepared the meal they are eating while he bathed. I think he tells Elaine and two people who were dealing with germaphobia.

momm
03-14-2011, 05:28 PM
This thread is absolutely breathtaking. :p

I think I love moments more than remember favorite episodes

If anyone calls asking for Vandeley industries.. ending with George on the floor, pants down to his knees (hat tip to BBB user artvandeley)
And in that moment, I was a marine biologist
Mr. Steinfeld and the unauthorized cable
These pretzels are making me thirsty (the last line of that episode)

Oh so many, many more...

infomama
03-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Impossible to choose. Fellow Seinfeld lovers do yourself a favor and get this http://www.amazon.com/Seinfeld-Complete-Jerry/dp/B000VECAEE
It went on sale a couple of years ago for $50 and we snatched it up. Gets lots of play.

MichelleRC
03-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Come on now--nobody has mentioned "The Contest"??? I also love when Jerry and Elaine visit his parents at Del Boca Vista.
So, so funny...

Kymberley
03-14-2011, 05:37 PM
When George gets a toupee and Elaine RIPS it off and throws it out the window. I love Elaine!

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
03-14-2011, 05:38 PM
" They are real and they are SPECTACULAR".

infomama
03-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Kenny Rogers Roasters. (VILE WEED!)
:rotflmao:
DH loves the end of the Roasters episode when Kramer is devouring a bucket of chicken, the light goes out and Kramer calls out, "Kenny? Kenny....." with a moth full of chicken.

artvandalay
03-14-2011, 05:39 PM
Ok this is like asking me which one of my children is my favorite.

I love the one when Kramer is walking down the street with George's technicolor dreamcoat on and cane, and then some guy's hat flies off his head, rolls down the street, Kramer picks it up and instantly becomes a pimp!

Also Jakie Chiles/attorney yelling at Kramer "YOU PUT THE BALM ON? WHO TOLD YOU TO PUT THE BALM ON? I DIDN'T TELL YOU TO PUT THE BALM ON!"

I also have a fondness for when George is trying to get T Bone to catch on as his nickname. I love George (obviously).

OH... and the one about Uncle Leo's eyebrows:ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO:

infomama
03-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Do women know about shrinkage?
What do you mean, like laundry? No.
Like when a man goes swimming... afterwards...
It shrinks?
Like a frightened turtle!
Why does it shrink?
It just does.
I don't know how you guys walk around with those things.

artvandalay
03-14-2011, 06:06 PM

Good one!

I also pretty much love any episode where George is at work.

Twoboos
03-14-2011, 06:42 PM

OMG, this just made me remember when he made the little "cave" under his desk for taking naps!!

kdeunc
03-14-2011, 06:43 PM

:yeahthat: I love that episode. I also love Kenny Rogers Roasters. I got DH the box set for Christmas a couple of years ago. We are constantly amazed at how many times we can make a Seinfeld reference in our daily lives. :ROTFLMAO: Now I want to go watch an episode!

Melbel
03-14-2011, 06:44 PM
So many great ones! Most of my faves have already been mentioned, including

shrinkage
"they're real and they're SPECTACULAR"
Uncle Leo's eyebrows
The contest

Just today I had a Seinfeld moment when I had to drive around a couple ducks to avoid hitting them ("they were not obeying the rules").

kedss
03-14-2011, 06:52 PM
soup nazi, double dip, the 'lowfat' yogurt episodes :)

kijip
03-14-2011, 06:54 PM
Never seen a full episode. Seen enough commercials and snippets to know what it is and who the people are, but I never watched it. I also have never seen Friends. Do I have to turn in my 1990s card now?

Indianamom2
03-14-2011, 06:56 PM
I can't believe no one picked "The Timeless Art of Seduction", where Kramer takes racy pics of George in his tighty whities on the chaise lounge to help seduce the woman at the photo counter.

The only way "artvandalay" could make her avatar better is to use that pic of George.

"You are a lover boy..."

jenfromnj
03-14-2011, 07:05 PM
My all-time favorite is George as the Marine Biologist. When he take out the Titlist golf ball at the end and holds it up... OMG, I remember watching it and literally falling off the couch in my college apartment crying laughing.

This one is my all-time favorite, too. The sea was angry that day, my friends. Like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.

MelissaTC
03-14-2011, 08:08 PM
The Human Fund- Money for People

George and Susan- poor Susan dying from licking the wedding invite envelopes. I also love the episode where Susan has the doll that looks like Mrs. Constanza.

Really, I couldn't pick a favorite. Thinking of Elaine dancing around Mr. Peterman's office, eating the hundreds of years old cake. Or the Bubble Boy episode. "Man Hands", "Sponge worthy", "the bet"....I could go and on.

Thought of more-
Bette Midler "Rochelle, Rochelle"
When Kramer widens the lanes on the LIE where he has the adopt-a-highway for "cruising"
When Kramer takes Susan's parents on the horse and buggy ride and the horse starts passing gas from eating beefaroni
the marble rye

mackmama
03-14-2011, 08:13 PM
the master of my domain episode. so funny!
i just watched seinfeld's stand-up DVD... he's so so funny.

marie
03-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Good one!

I think you mean "at work". :tongue5:

-shrinkage
-sponge-worthy
-soup nazi
-when Kramer goes to Michigan with all of the bottles & cans to get the 10 cent deposit return
-Prognosis Negative

so many others. . .

Globetrotter
03-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Where do I begin?
Spongeworthy and soup Nazi come to mind!

wendibird22
03-14-2011, 08:21 PM
When George gets a fake job working on the Pensky file. I crack up every time I pass by a Pensky moving truck.

When Kramer is prepping produce in the shower to save water.

The pirate shirt

When Kramer gets the meat slicer to slice his own meats.

mom2binsd
03-14-2011, 08:33 PM
When Kramer and George's dad invent the "bro"

The magic loogie/Vandalay Industries episode

Oh...there are so many....

MartiesMom2B
03-14-2011, 08:45 PM
I still like to do the Elaine dance. It makes me happy. I think when I saw that episode I cried laughing.

ETA: When Puddy dressed up for the Devils game and the priest thought he was really the Devil.

also The Smelly Car - when the valet stinks of Jerry's car and at the end he throws his keys in the car and basically gives it to a thief. LOL

firemama
03-14-2011, 09:12 PM
I love this show so much! I never get sick of it! Now I want the box set! I love everyone's responses so far, especially Vandelay Industries, Soup Nazi, Elaine's dance, shrinkage.

But I also love the Hampton's one, 'Ya gotta see the baby!' and isn't this the one where George makes lobster scrambled eggs?!

And the chocolate bobka (spelling?)!! LMAF!!! That's the one where Jerry breaks his years of not throwing up. And the guy with the cane gets Elaine on the foot. And George's puffy coat in the liquor store! LOL! That is one of the best!

The one where Elaine is feeding the old guy, 'I love my yankee beans!'

Kijip, you HAVE to watch this show, and Friends too. The characters on these shows are hilarious! I'm not sure if it's your kind of TV, but they just don't make sitcoms like these anymore!

ArtVandelay, I am so envious of your screen name, it was so clever! ;)

artvandalay
03-14-2011, 09:18 PM
For Indianamom2

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL1099/13265991/23619062/395717022.jpg

Indianamom2
03-14-2011, 09:22 PM
For Indianamom2

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL1099/13265991/23619062/395717022.jpg

AWESOME!! I love George!

firemama
03-14-2011, 09:23 PM
:hysterical: Hysterical!!!

liamsmom
03-14-2011, 09:39 PM
I never saw the episode where they are lost in the parking garage. I've always wanted to!

Love the puffy shirt with the "low talker".
Elaine's toilet paper war: "I haven't a square to spare."
Low pressure faucets

George as the marine biologist and Vanderlay Industries were amazing, yet I always hear his voice when he began to do the opposite of everything he would normally do--and ended up working for the Yankees! (George walking up to a woman at the diner counter) "Hello. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents."

firemama
03-14-2011, 09:43 PM
I love the parking garage episode! And I forgot about the 'square to spare' one! So hilarious when you see Elaine's feet in the ruffle socks and mary janes!

Twoboos
03-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Thought of another one. Man Hands.

"Oh, let me crack that lobster for you."

"Let me open your beer."
"Wait, that's not a..." <crack> "...twist top."

elbenn
03-14-2011, 09:46 PM
The one where George becomes a hand model.

Indianamom2
03-14-2011, 09:49 PM
I love the Vanadalay Industries one and the Marine biologist too.

And there are many, many times when I think I am Elaine...like when she's on the train/subway and they get stopped (or maybe lose power) and she looks calm on the outside, but inside you hear her screaming at all the people around her. That's me sometimes.

Melbel
03-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Great thread. I also thought the "good naked" "bad naked" distinction was funny.

twowhat?
03-14-2011, 10:25 PM
Just thought of another one! The European Carry-All!! :rotflmao: "It's not a purse. It's a European Carry-All."

94bruin
03-15-2011, 12:36 AM
One that popped into my head is the one where George wants privileges at work, so he decides to pretend to need to use the electric wheelchair thing (sorry, not sure what it's called!) At the end, he's trying to get away in his electric wheelchair from all those other electric wheelchair users.

Seinfeld around here comes on right at 11. We often watch as we're getting ready for bed.

wendibird22
03-15-2011, 09:18 AM
Oh forgot to mention the one when George brings the book into the restroom and it's "flagged." Hilarious!

veronica
03-15-2011, 09:29 AM
FESTIVUS:bowdown:

Serenity now.........insanity later

and the "little kicks" episode with Elaine dancing, ends with her and George's Dad (jerry stiller). "you wanna piece of me". here is a youtube of the outtake!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2LdHH0hmHY

Karinyc
03-15-2011, 11:43 AM
The low-talker episode (includes the puffy/pirate shirt & George as a hand model)

The close-talker episode (Judge Reinhold as Elaine's boyfriend; where Jerry & his girlfriend make out in the theater while "Schindlr's List" is playing)

The episode where Jerry's girlfriend is a nudist ("good naked" vs. "bad naked"). That's also the episode w/the germophobes.

The TV Guide episode where Elaine takes one of Mr. Costanza's tv guides from his collection & George leaves a condom wrapper in his parent's bedroom. It also includes the scene where Greorge jumps out of the subway to get a gyro & gets his arm stuck getting back on & someone walks by & just takes it. Everytime I think of stepping out of a subway car to throw something out & get back on I think of that.

Never was a fan of "Friends". Just never found it funny (I think it was popular 'cause the cast was young, cute, & likeable). "Seinfeld" is just brilliant.

hellokitty
03-15-2011, 04:40 PM
I love Seinfeld, it's one of the best sitcoms ever! I make references to it all of the time when I'm with friends. I'm always surprised that there are ppl who didn't watch the show and I have one friend who says she thinks it's a dumb show. However, she's 10 yrs younger than me, so maybe it has something to do with age.

My favs are:

The parking garage episode where they can't find the car.

Who's going to hell episode where Puddy and Elaine debate over who is going to hell. DH and I had the same exact debate while we were still dating prior to this episode, so we thought it was absolutely hilarious. DH says that since he's catholic (non-practicing), he still gets to go to heaven, and since I was never Christian that I'd automatically go to hell. My argument was that my DH was never a good catholic to begin with, so he wouldn't get to go to heaven anyway. So, the priest verified I was right, lol.

Oh and of course the contest is a classic.

xmasbabycomin
03-15-2011, 06:07 PM
some of my faves mentioned;
-Kramer bathing in the shower (love when he installs the garbage disposal in the bathtub!)
-Merv Griffin Show set
-spongeworthy-love the interview process
-marked book ("I'm sorry we can't take this back. It's been in the bathroom.") I always think of that when I read on the potty

Also like:
-When Jerry falls in love w/"himself" (Jeneane Garoafolo) ("I swept me off my feet")
-when George does exactly the opposite of what the little man inside tells him to do and his
life goes great (introduces himself to the lady as a man who lives w/his parents)
-Elaine talking about the bird running into her "giant freak head" (maybe b/c I can relate - I have a big head, to0)
-when Kramer does the Adopt-a-Highway program and redoes the lines, creating huge leisure lanes for cruising

When I first watched that show I just didn't get it. But now just thinking about it cracks me up.

marie
03-15-2011, 08:33 PM
isn't there also an episode where Jerry tells George that he has given up because he goes out in public wearing sweats? reminds me of the yoga pants threads here :hysterical:

Globetrotter
03-15-2011, 08:43 PM
I just dvr'ed it :rotflmao:

Feeling nostalgic, i guess :)

Friends was fun but nowhere near as clever, IMO.