PDA

View Full Version : Website w/ list of character locations?

alien_host
03-14-2011, 04:16 PM
Is there a good website that lists where characters tend to be for meet and greets at each park?

TIA!

DebbieJ
03-14-2011, 04:22 PM
Not that I know of, but there is a character hotline phone # you can call. I just deleted it off my phone otherwise I'd post it for you!

Which characters are you looking for specifically? I'm sure that the experts here can tell you where they usually hang out.

FWIW, my DS was totally NOT interested in characters so we really didn't bother much. He wanted to ride the rides!

Raidra
03-14-2011, 04:27 PM
You can try this one: http://unofficialdisneycharacterhuntingguide.blogspot.com/

The Times Guide that you can get at each park gives info on when/where characters are meeting, too. Plus, any CMs with phones can find out where/when a particular character is meeting.

A lot of the characters tend to meet in places associated with their story.. we saw Pinocchio near the Pinocchio restaurant, Jasmine and Aladdin near the Flying Carpet ride, the White Rabbit near the Teacups, the Fairy Godmother and Tremaines behind the castle, Belle/Aurora/Marie in France, Mary Poppins and Alice in the UK, Mulan in China, Snow White in Germany, etc. We've seen Mickey and gang near Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, town square, in front near the gates.. in Epcot's Character Spot.. near the Hat in DHS.. and obviously in the character trails in AK.

Oh, and we had great luck with the 'characterpalooza' in the Animation Studios at DHS. On non-early Fantasmic nights, there's a wide assortment of characters meeting with Lotso starting at 4:50.

alien_host
03-14-2011, 04:36 PM
Not that I know of, but there is a character hotline phone # you can call. I just deleted it off my phone otherwise I'd post it for you!

Which characters are you looking for specifically? I'm sure that the experts here can tell you where they usually hang out.

FWIW, my DS was totally NOT interested in characters so we really didn't bother much. He wanted to ride the rides!

i did a search on here and found the number (and you posted it :)), thanks!

call 407-824-2222 the day you are trying to find her. It's the WDW Character hotline and they'll tell you where she is.

I saved the # in my cell phone when we went last month.

Mulan is definitely on the list...and she's probably on at Epcot in China right? I need to brainstorm w/ DD and figure out any other must sees. Last year we winged it and checked the times guide and sort of just did who we could find conveniently. I think I want somewhat of a punch list so we aren't running around like crazy. I know we likely won't get to our entire list but at least I won't miss anyone "big" that she is dying to see.

alien_host
03-14-2011, 04:38 PM
You can try this one: http://unofficialdisneycharacterhuntingguide.blogspot.com/

The Times Guide that you can get at each park gives info on when/where characters are meeting, too. Plus, any CMs with phones can find out where/when a particular character is meeting.

A lot of the characters tend to meet in places associated with their story.. we saw Pinocchio near the Pinocchio restaurant, Jasmine and Aladdin near the Flying Carpet ride, the White Rabbit near the Teacups, the Fairy Godmother and Tremaines behind the castle, Belle/Aurora/Marie in France, Mary Poppins and Alice in the UK, Mulan in China, Snow White in Germany, etc. We've seen Mickey and gang near Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, town square, in front near the gates.. in Epcot's Character Spot.. near the Hat in DHS.. and obviously in the character trails in AK.

Oh, and we had great luck with the 'characterpalooza' in the Animation Studios at DHS. On non-early Fantasmic nights, there's a wide assortment of characters meeting with Lotso starting at 4:50.

Thanks for the info. We didn't notice Jasmine at MK last year and waited FOREVER at Epcot to see her!

Dream
03-14-2011, 05:49 PM
There's a member in the disboards that maintain a site which is updated as visitors reports sightings of characters. I don't have a link right now as I'm typing on the phone. Will post later if you don't find it before that.

fivi2
03-14-2011, 08:32 PM
i did a search on here and found the number (and you posted it :)), thanks!

Mulan is definitely on the list...and she's probably on at Epcot in China right? I need to brainstorm w/ DD and figure out any other must sees. Last year we winged it and checked the times guide and sort of just did who we could find conveniently. I think I want somewhat of a punch list so we aren't running around like crazy. I know we likely won't get to our entire list but at least I won't miss anyone "big" that she is dying to see.

When we were in Epcot at China, Mulan was hanging out. There was no one around her - I made my girls go take a picture with her because I felt sorry for her ;) (My girls had no idea who she was).

Dream
03-14-2011, 10:44 PM
This is the site I was referring to

http://www.wdwinsiders.com/character_finder.php

alien_host
03-15-2011, 03:42 PM
When we were in Epcot at China, Mulan was hanging out. There was no one around her - I made my girls go take a picture with her because I felt sorry for her ;) (My girls had no idea who she was).
DD dressed as Mulan for Halloween last year and none of the adults really knew who she was.

This is the site I was referring to

http://www.wdwinsiders.com/character_finder.php

This looks great, thank you!

Corie
03-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Plus, any CMs with phones can find out where/when a particular character is meeting.

Definitely this!! Cast members were extremely helpful to us
when we were trying to find Peter Pan, Pocahantas, and the Fairy
Godmother. One quick phone call and we knew the exact time/location
where each character would be!! It was awesome!!

klwa
03-18-2011, 08:03 PM
There's also the Steve Soares site, which gives the general character info & other entertainment for each park. http://wdwent.com/