PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotels Pros/Cons, I can't decide!

Jennifer626
03-14-2011, 08:01 PM
We are going to Disneyland for 5 nights in September. Checking in Sunday, checking out Friday, then going to the beach and staying there for 2 more nights.

I am having the toughest time picking a hotel. Ugh. I'm comfortable spending around $200 a night. What I *must have* are a king bed, at least 2 rooms (ie living room and seperate bedroom, to help DD get to sleep at night), microwave, mini-fridge. DH does a lot of resting and sleeping on vacation, so we'd like to have a quiet room that doesn't feel like a Motel 6.

We'll be there at leats 4-5 days and have at leats a 3 day park hopper ticket, so not worried about trying to fit everything in one day.

Ideally I'd love to stay on property or very close, but the on property quotes are ridiculously expensive (1200 minimum for a non-view, non-suite room).

I have the Unofficial Guide to Disneyland (what an awesome book!) and it rates the Hyatt really highly, and it gets great marks on tripadvisor also.

Almost all of the hotels on Harbor seem so "junky", ya know?

I've been able to narrow it down to a few hotel options...

Hyatt Orange County
pros:
$800 total for 5 nights in a king suite
recently renovated, gorgeous throughout
Room service
lots of restaurants and Target across the street
private shuttle (not ART)
cons:
not walking distance to parks

Other options that I'm interested in:
Marriott Courtyard (but WHERE is this hotel? Walking distance or no?)
Ramada Maingate? (recently renovated?)
Anaheim Portofino? (suites, but junky pool and lots of bad reviews)

Also, I really would like to not have to rent a car, just seems like an extra PITA.