PDA

View Full Version : QUICK! Starck is on sale again at albee!

purpelina
03-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Mac starck is back to 59, so.... Run?

Multimama
03-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Run! :)

roseyloxs
03-15-2011, 11:18 AM
Sitting in my cart. Staring at me. Can't decide if I really need a lighter umbrella or not.

Kaylee31
03-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Oooh, I really want the purple! If I had a girl I'd be all over it. I just got a Triumph a few weeks ago, otherwise I'd bite. I like the nectarine color too, it looks nice w/the contrasting silver. I'm still tempted-- $65 and it includes a raincover and travel bag!
I found this album w/some good pics in it.
http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m33/lisalena/Prams/Maclaren%20Starck/

roseyloxs
03-15-2011, 11:55 AM
Oooh, I really want the purple! If I had a girl I'd be all over it. I just got a Triumph a few weeks ago, otherwise I'd bite. I like the nectarine color too, it looks nice w/the contrasting silver. I'm still tempted-- $65 and it includes a raincover and travel bag!
I found this album w/some good pics in it.
http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m33/lisalena/Prams/Maclaren%20Starck/

Nice find with the pictures. Did anyone else notice the swift in the background?

Kaylee31
03-15-2011, 11:57 AM
Nice find with the pictures. Did anyone else notice the swift in the background?

I looked at her other folders of stroller pics, lol. She is obviously a stroller addict! Maybe she's on BBB or Swap. :p

roseyloxs
03-15-2011, 12:25 PM
I think I am going to go for it but what color? I am torn between the tangerine and the purple. I was leaning purple last week but I think I may be leaning towards the tangerine this week.

roseyloxs
03-15-2011, 12:30 PM
The only big downside I am seeing is that the valco HH would not fit because of the shelf construction.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m33/lisalena/Prams/Maclaren%20Starck/DSC00333.jpg

Maybe I would be able sneak the valco straps between the rivets but I couldn't count on it.

purpelina
03-15-2011, 02:08 PM
So, anybody got it?
I'm torn between the great deal on starck and a tried and true triumph (the triple T :wink2:).

Seat on the starck looks shallow... MM help!

westwoodmom04
03-15-2011, 02:39 PM
Just ordered this yesterday based on the prior review of Starck on this board. It's for my 3.5 year old as a very occassional travel stroller replaced the P3 that is just too much stroller for us at this point. I think there are photos on this site somewhere showing older children sitting in the seat. It has a tall back seat, and the standard Mac 55 lb weight limit, so appears good for older kids.

roseyloxs
03-15-2011, 03:02 PM
I think I am going to go for it but what color? I am torn between the tangerine and the purple. I was leaning purple last week but I think I may be leaning towards the tangerine this week.

Now I am in the checkout page... so close.. Still unsure. I decided on purple since its not machine washable I thought purple might be more dirt friendly.

poohbear
03-15-2011, 03:23 PM
Now I am in the checkout page... so close.. Still unsure. I decided on purple since its not machine washable I thought purple might be more dirt friendly.

I think that's a good choice. The purple looks really pretty (plus very in this year). I think I'd go purple or carbon. Tangerine looks very bright to me...
But we all know I'm kind of lame when it comes to picking colors...

artvandalay
03-15-2011, 03:24 PM
I really love how the orange looks (and I usually don't even like orange). But it looks so modern, bright & cheery (and also highly visible when crossing streets).

I just bought a Triumph, but if I hadn't, I might have jumped on the orange one.

Multimama
03-15-2011, 04:10 PM
I love my Stark. I have the orange and think it looks great and really fits the design of the stroller, but I love the purple too and would have considered carbon if it was available, for the ability to customize with almost any liner.

I think seat depth might be on my review. I don't feel like it is shallow. It is a pretty reclined seat, which I like for my stroller-napping toddler, but others might not.

The shelf is great!

3sweetgirls
03-15-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm sitting here looking at that photobucket page of the Stark wondering what mine will look like when it arrives and then the dog starts barking and I realize it's MY Stark on the front porch. Off to open the box now. :applause:

roseyloxs
03-15-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm sitting here looking at that photobucket page of the Stark wondering what mine will look like when it arrives and then the dog starts barking and I realize it's MY Stark on the front porch. Off to open the box now. :applause:

Oooh.. what do you think? How long did shipping take?

3sweetgirls
03-15-2011, 09:56 PM
I love, love, love the shelf. It makes so much sense and I love that the stroller won't tip when I put my bag on it. My 5 and 3 year old fit great. The handles took a little getting use to because I'm so use to the angle of the ones of my Triumph. I've had 3! It's a little heavier too but the grab handle is great and easier than the strap I think. Shipping took about a week I think. Overall it's a great stroller and for a Maclaren at this price is unbelievable and a steal!

Multimama
03-15-2011, 10:02 PM
I love, love, love the shelf. It makes so much sense and I love that the stroller won't tip when I put my bag on it. My 5 and 3 year old fit great. The handles took a little getting use to because I'm so use to the angle of the ones of my Triumph. I've had 3! It's a little heavier too but the grab handle is great and easier than the strap I think. Shipping took about a week I think. Overall it's a great stroller and for a Maclaren at this price is unbelievable and a steal!

Yay! I'm glad you love it. Another Starck convert. It is such a cool design for a stroller, I think. For awhile I really wanted to buy two just so I wouldn't have to worry if anything happened to mine. :)

legaleagle
03-15-2011, 10:29 PM
Is there an actual footrest on this? Hard to tell with the fabric.

I am so tempted by this since we're going on our first vacation with the kids ever - to Jamaica and somehow none of my current stable seems suitable. Of course this is probably the only trip we'll go on in a couple more years so very hard to justify...

roseyloxs
03-15-2011, 10:37 PM

I am so tempted by this since we're going on our first vacation with the kids ever - to Jamaica and somehow none of my current stable seems suitable. Of course this is probably the only trip we'll go on in a couple more years so very hard to justify...

Yes. It does. I think the orange starck would look perfect in Jamaica. When you get back it will make the perfect stroller for DH's car.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m33/lisalena/Prams/Maclaren%20Starck/498a2c3d.jpg

Multimama
03-15-2011, 10:53 PM

The footrest is plastic. It's just hard to see because it's almost the same color as the fabric. I think it's an awesome travel stroller for older kids. I actually can't wait to take it on a trip!

legaleagle
03-15-2011, 10:59 PM
Oh, I didn't even think of the color coordination aspect, haha! Though I'd probably go for the gray or purple since I'm not a fan of orange.

I'd need to get rid of my 09 g-luxe to even begin to justify this but my sister's baby is 2 months now....

todzwife
03-15-2011, 11:25 PM
How much does it weigh? How does it fold? I can't find any info on there! What is the max weight limit? Would this be good for a 36 pound 5 year old at Disney?

3sweetgirls
03-15-2011, 11:35 PM
How much does it weigh? How does it fold? I can't find any info on there! What is the max weight limit? Would this be good for a 36 pound 5 year old at Disney?

Check out MM's review here. (http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=390033&highlight=Stark)

I've never been to Disney so I can't say how this stroller would do at Disney, but my 36lb 5 year old fit great and even looked like she could catch a short comfortable nap in the Stark.

tarnator
03-15-2011, 11:42 PM
OMG.
That darn stroller! I soooo don't need it, but I really hate missing a deal.....

Nope. Not going to do it.

But if I did....I would get the purple. aRgh!

todzwife
03-15-2011, 11:52 PM
Thank you :) I have a BJCM and a Cybex Topax and DH does not think I need another stroller. Rats. I want purple!

legaleagle
03-16-2011, 12:34 AM
Ok, I did it! :boogie: I ended up going with the gray.... Can't wait to get it! And I will definitely see if I can cram a radian onto the shelf. And if so, how much stuff that will let me hang off the handles.

roseyloxs
03-16-2011, 12:59 AM
Ok, I did it! :boogie: I ended up going with the gray.... Can't wait to get it! And I will definitely see if I can cram a radian onto the shelf. And if so, how much stuff that will let me hang off the handles.

I'll be travelling at the end of this month by myself with my dd and a radian. If it fits I'll be kicking myself for not getting one.

fozzie
03-16-2011, 04:49 AM
OMG that is an amazing price!! When the Starcks came out in Europe they cost 300 euros new, and I got what I thought was a great deal at 50% off. So $59 is a steal. We love love love our Starck for the older toddler age. The fact that the seat doesn't recline is a slight bummer, but it's redeemed by the stroller's lightness and the fact that the seat back angle is just upright enough for baby not to have to strain to sit up, but just reclined enough to nap without the bobbing head syndrome. And the shelf is awesome, you can put a big bag in there. We put our basket shopping tote in it and fill it up with groceries at the market.

Multimama
03-16-2011, 07:59 AM

Yay! Can't wait to hear your review of Starck-as-Radian-transporting-device. :)

crl
03-16-2011, 09:15 AM
Yay! Can't wait to hear your review of Starck-as-Radian-transporting-device. :)

:yeahthat:

Catherine

MizMojoLaveau
03-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Just got a purple one. That orange is tempting, though. Different type of stroller, but this makes me feel better about missing the kelty jogger deal last week:bighand: I am excited that it might be better for taller parents than my old peg perego pliko lite that is about done. Thanks OP!

roseyloxs
03-16-2011, 12:49 PM
OMG that is an amazing price!! When the Starcks came out in Europe they cost 300 euros new, and I got what I thought was a great deal at 50% off. So $59 is a steal. We love love love our Starck for the older toddler age. The fact that the seat doesn't recline is a slight bummer, but it's redeemed by the stroller's lightness and the fact that the seat back angle is just upright enough for baby not to have to strain to sit up, but just reclined enough to nap without the bobbing head syndrome. And the shelf is awesome, you can put a big bag in there. We put our basket shopping tote in it and fill it up with groceries at the market.

Oooh. A good shopping stroller? Now I am intrigued again.

Multimama
03-16-2011, 02:22 PM
the fact that the seat back angle is just upright enough for baby not to have to strain to sit up, but just reclined enough to nap without the bobbing head syndrome

This is a good way to describe it. In the Volo the seat back is *so* shallow towards the top that there is no head support if your kid falls asleep. Even though the Starck doesn't have a recline that's not the case here.

Would love to see a pic of what shopping basket you use on the shelf. :)

purpelina
03-16-2011, 03:21 PM
MM! Last question please - does the shade on the starck pull forward?

I absolutely love the orange color, and it looks much better IRL - thanks again MM for pics!

We need a travel stroller for sure, so I guess I can't go wrong with starck at 65...

I think starck makes a perfect airport stroller, because the handles are rubbery and not foam, so they won't chip and tear. That's what I didn't like about newer macs: they have this etched design on the handles, that makes them prone to nicks and tears, especially when handled roughly at the airport. With starck's design - there's nothing to break. And this shelf would be great for a carry on, or if you shop at duty free (we always get some alcohol for presents etc)

OK I guess I convinced myself enough to get it... Glad others are taking advantage of the deal!

purpelina
03-16-2011, 03:30 PM
OK I did it - a new stroller! :cheerleader1:

I felt somewhat out of place here lately, since I was living stroller less for a past couple of months... Not anymore!:yay:

etaylor75
03-16-2011, 03:38 PM
Just ordered it in Carbon :) Can't wait to see it in person!

Erin

Multimama
03-16-2011, 03:55 PM
OK I did it - a new stroller! :cheerleader1:

I felt somewhat out of place here lately, since I was living stroller less for a past couple of months... Not anymore!:yay:

How old is your kiddo? Strollerless must be strange.

I don't think it would work to pivot the canopy because it is pretty unstructured. I guess you'll see soon. :)

Congrats to all the new starck owners!

fozzie
03-17-2011, 04:34 AM
This is the kind of tote basket we use on the Starck stroller shelf. It rocks!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_-KTNmcGqvvA/S_wm67uFN4I/AAAAAAAAALo/Fa0xzvo3pcE/s1600/French-market-basket.jpg

They are really common here in France, and after some Googling I learned that in English they are called "French market totes". Go figure.

legaleagle
03-17-2011, 01:53 PM
Just got my shipping notice!

Oh, and since I know people have had trouble getting albee on the phone, I had to contact them because I mistyped the name of my street and I got them on the phone quickly by calling at 9 am (the store doesn't open until 10). Fixed it immediately and got an email confirmation.

legaleagle
03-18-2011, 08:41 PM
It came this afternoon!:yay: I really like it so far. My 39" 2 year has gobs of room above his head. He liked it a lot too, though that isn't saying much since he likes pretty much all strollers. The travel bag is fabulous!

I am sad to report that I could NOT fit a radian on the shelf - the sticking point turned out the be the width of the radian as it flares out around the middle. It's only a little bit too wide but definitely a no - go.

Also, does someone have a link to instructions on how to silicone lube a mac? The fold mechanism is really stiff and makes a horrible metal-on-metal screech when folding.

roseyloxs
03-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Relieved to hear that the radian does not fit. Now I don't have to regret skipping this purchase. I know one day I will see a starck in person and wish that I had bought one when I had the chance.

Any pics?

Multimama
03-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Also, does someone have a link to instructions on how to silicone lube a mac? The fold mechanism is really stiff and makes a horrible metal-on-metal screech when folding.

Oh, too bad the Radian won't fit! Isn't the travel bag great? :)

Mine is hard to close too. I don't know how/where to silicone spray it, but I know someone on Swap said they did it and didn't have problems after that.

What I do is I push up with my foot, step on the safety lever on the side, and then push up with my foot again (at the back). That seems to get it over the hump so it can close the rest of the way, if that makes sense. It's an extra little step, but not too much of a pain.

crl
03-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Too bad about the radian. Glad it is so nice!

Catherine

emily
03-21-2011, 10:47 AM

Did this yesterday with a reusable shopping bag. Starck is perfect for a quick trip to the grocery store! DD who never uses a stroller asked for her purple stroller all weekend while we were out!

Question, it's very difficult to open and close the stroller. Does it become easier with use or do i need to grease it somewhere? Thanks.