PDA

View Full Version : 1 seat for 2 vehicles?

ally
03-15-2011, 12:51 AM
Our son is a big 6 month old and am foreseeing the need to transition to a convertible seat in the near future.
Before I shell out too much for 2 seats, we are thinking to buy 1, make sure we like it, and move it from my older 4Runner without LATCH to DH's newer Tundra with LATCH.
Can anyone recommend a seat that would be good for this purpose? Also little man is in the 90th percentile. Is it not a good idea to move the car seat back and forth as needed? I just don't want to be stuck with 2 seats that I may dislike.

bubbaray
03-15-2011, 12:55 AM
It is not a great idea to move seats on a regular basis if you can help it. I'd rather see you get 2 less expensive seats and keep them installed rather than move them, which is a PITA and can lead to poor installs.

FWIW, DH and I are very very good at installing seats (I'm a tech, but he's actually better at installs than I am, I tell him its b/c he's heavier, LOL) and we do everything we can to not move installed seats around.

MommyAllison
03-15-2011, 02:17 AM
If he hasn't outgrown his infant seat yet, can you buy the convertible ASAP and leave the infant seat in one car and the convertible in the other? Even a week or two of regular use might give you an idea of if you like the convertible you chose. We have Marathons for both kids in my car, and they are *very* easy to install, but I still hate moving them. Once you get a seat installed rock solid, it's nice to be able to leave it there. Re-installing seats is also a pain when you have a baby - a few times I let our DC crawl around in the car while I installed a seat, because I didn't have anywhere else for them to go, kwim?

MoJo
03-15-2011, 07:25 AM
If he hasn't outgrown his infant seat yet, can you buy the convertible ASAP and leave the infant seat in one car and the convertible in the other? Even a week or two of regular use might give you an idea of if you like the convertible you chose. We have Marathons for both kids in my car, and they are *very* easy to install, but I still hate moving them. Once you get a seat installed rock solid, it's nice to be able to leave it there. Re-installing seats is also a pain when you have a baby - a few times I let our DC crawl around in the car while I installed a seat, because I didn't have anywhere else for them to go, kwim?

:yeahthat:, every word!