PDA

View Full Version : has anyone joined a class action law suit against their mortgage company?

AnnieW625
03-15-2011, 01:26 AM
We just received a notice about a class action law suit vs. our mortgage company American Home Mortgage Servicing Inc.. and my DH and I are wondering exactly how valid it is and I was wondering if anyone has joined one against a mortgage company. There is no law office name on the mailer just a number to call and a file number. We think it's legit based on this article (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-10-28/wilbur-ross-s-american-home-sued-by-homeowner-texas-for-mortgage-practice.html) I found on Bloomberg.com that states the company has been sued by

We have had very little issues with our mortgage and have made all but one payment on time (in early 2009 I accidently enclosed my mortgage payment with another utility payment and by the time I got the mortgage payment back and realized what had happened it was the beginning of the next month; so I paid the balance due plus the late fee) and because of that my credit score dropped from 802 to 741. AHMSI wouldn't remove it from my credit report because my payment was more than 16 days late and it's on there for 5 yrs. . They also made a mistake very early on into my mortgage when they applied my entire monthly payment to my secondary loan and I did get that fixed after I did all of the leg work and realized that the payment had gone to Citi Mortgage, but Citi then transferred it back. Otherwise we haven't tried to get a loan modification.

swissair81
03-15-2011, 11:10 AM
My husband is involved in working on one against MERS- Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems. It's not going very well for them. It looks like it will be going to our state supreme court.