PDA

View Full Version : Picture People Closed and Unused Gift Cards

Indianamom2
03-15-2011, 01:04 PM
I posted a week or so ago about our local Picture People location suddenly closing. I was a portrait club member with unused benefits plus I have at least 1, but I think 2, $50 gift cards that I had not used.

I tried seeing if there were any other locations close by, but there aren't within 50 miles. I tried calling the number on their website, but there is no customer assistance available that I could find, only specific studios that you could call.

Am I just out of luck now? Does anyone know of a corporate number? There's an email form under their "contact us" page, but I'm not all that hopeful that I'll get any sort of response.

Any ideas how to contact them?

minnie-zb
03-15-2011, 01:17 PM
Do they have a facebook page?

scrooks
03-15-2011, 01:20 PM
There was something in our local paper this weekend about them closing the local store. Apparently the only way you can get a hold of them is via email.

Indianamom2
03-15-2011, 01:21 PM
They do have a facebook page, but I don't have a FB account and don't really want to open one.

I guess email is the only option.

Why do so many companies have such lousy customer service?

ha98ed14
03-15-2011, 01:32 PM
They do have particularly lousy customer service, even IN the store. I just got am email coupon from them TODAY, so I don't think the whole chain is closing. You're best option if you don't want to drive to the nearest studio (and who can blame you!) would be to sell the gc on ebay. I've never done it before, but I know some people have. You'd lose some money on the face value, but it's better than being stuck with stuff you can't use.

Another option would be to make a day trip of the picture session. Drive to a store in a location with other things to do and make a day trip of it. Go see a movie, go for lunch at a fun restaurant (Rainforest Cafe or something).