PDA

View Full Version : My dream come true...

Twoboos
03-15-2011, 01:33 PM
We have a dumpster in our driveway. :cheerleader1:

Granted, it's actually for the construction we need done to rebuild our house (ice dams, no walls/pieces of walls in 7 rooms for 5 weeks).

Granted, it's freakin' HUGE. I asked the guy if we could use it too, so he upped the size - 30 yards.

But I am going to throw stuff into it and not look back!!! Like the giant pile of stuff "To Throw Away" that's been sitting for a year... :yay:

Tondi G
03-15-2011, 04:09 PM
NICE!!!!! I am jealous! Enjoy your dumpster hope your purge goes well!

smiles33
03-15-2011, 04:21 PM
LOL! With the thread title, I assumed you hired (or somehow won as a free gift!) someone else to come and organize your home. Now that would be my dream come true: coming home to a perfectly organized home!

Enjoy the dumpster, though. That makes it so much easier to get rid of stuff without being limited by what fits in the garbage can. If I see I have extra space in our can, then I walk through the house/garage looking for more non-recyclable/non-donateable stuff to trash (like those giant blocks of styrofoam in my garage).

ellies mom
03-15-2011, 05:59 PM
Nice! We've rented a dumpster a couple of times. I love the freedom of just tossing stuff away without worry about how to get it to the dump.

Twoboos
03-15-2011, 07:00 PM
And I will confess... I am also going to throw cardboard away. :bag There, I said it. We recycle a TON, but this pile would take us 3 mos of every other week hauling it to the curb to work through, or at least 3 Saturdays of going to the recycling place, not to mention having to break it down into the proper sized pieces.

DH has been promising to do it literally for a year. I have a better chance of getting it into the 30 yarder in our driveway.

I feel guilty. But it needs to be gone. We recycle every other piece of cardboard that comes into our house.

Just walking around I've seen so much other crap that will go in there. Wa-hoo.

blue
03-16-2011, 12:16 AM
And I will confess... I am also going to throw cardboard away. :bag

I wouldn't feel to bad about if I where you. You normally recycle but have a dumpster outside your house right now. So purge away-yippee :boogie:....It feels so good to get ride of piles of stuff. Happy cleaning :)