PDA

View Full Version : What's Your 3 Fav Disney Restaurants . .

westwoodmom04
03-15-2011, 02:43 PM
We are planning a trip in November, and would love to get as much input as possible. For those that have been recently, what's your three favorite places to eat (counter or sit down) and why?

billysmommy
03-15-2011, 02:59 PM
We have a few favorites that we make sure to get to each trip.

Breakfast at the Castle - this is DH's favorite breakfast. The boys
get lots of attention from the Princesses. We get an 8:05 time and
walking out of the castle right at 9 as the park opens. The stuffed
French toast is my favorite!!

Lunch at Sci-Fi (DHS) - we all live the atmosphere and cheesy Sci-Fi
movies. We get burgers, onion rings and milkshakes which are really
good.

Dinner at Rose & Crown (Epcot-UK) - they have some great beers and
ciders!! The fish & chips and Guiness Stew are really yummy!!

Dinner at San Angel Inn (Epcot-Mexico) - it's all about the atmosphere
and margaritas. We always do this one on our last night.

Dinner at Garden Grill (Epcot) - awesome character interaction!! I think
it's one of the best character meals at WDW. Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale.

liz
03-15-2011, 05:27 PM
I am not sure if this helps, but the only meal we really enjoyed was The Turf Club Bar & Grill at Saratoga Springs Resort on WDW property. I know you can take buses and the water taxi to the restaurant. We had prime rib that was absolutely perfect.

We also were celebrating our anniversary/DH bday/DS3 bday. Besides really nice cupcakes for DH and DS3 (really tasty compared to other restaurants at WDW) the waiter brought us champagne with strawberries.

crl
03-15-2011, 06:32 PM
Chef Mickeys for breakfast. We had a decent meal, the chef was super accommodating with ds' food allergies and ds and dd had a great time with the characters.

Honestly, nothing else stood out for me.

Catherine

clc053103
03-15-2011, 07:12 PM
dinner:
California Grill - great view, great food
The Wave-great food, focus on local and organic
Narcoosee's- great food, great view, nice atmosphere
Flying Fish-great food, open kitchen entertaining, boardwalk location.

Lunch:
The Plaza, MK- great sandwiches, ice cream, cute parlor

Breakfast:
Kona Cafe- simply the best breakfast and coffee in WDW

The only counter service we ever do is Cosmic Rays in MK.

fivi2
03-15-2011, 07:13 PM
!. Tusker House character breakfast
2. Tusker House character Breakfast
3. Tusker house character breakfast

;)

I am really not a fan of the WDW dining experience. Tusker House isn't really all that fabulous, it is just the best meal at wdw that we've had.

Other than that, I would base it around characters, experiences (castle), or where you will be. But we have not done any signature dining.

We liked the Crystal Palace/pooh location, but found the food to be pretty darn close to inedible. Did not like Tutto Italia or Park Faire. Grand Floridian Cafe was okay as far as the food goes, but nothing special as far as theme or decor. I think I am forgetting something, but I can't remember what it is.

bnme
03-15-2011, 08:08 PM
'Ohana character breakfast. We like that the kids get to interact with the characters in the parade and not just the autographs/table visit. Breakfast is family style instead of buffet.

San Angel Inn in Epcot. But haven't been there in a long time. Great atmosphere.

We really enjoyed the food and atmospehre at T-Rex on our last trip.

We like Columbia Harbor House for counter service in MK. I like the sandwich's for change of pace from chicken/burger/pizza lunch. We like to eat upstairs.

AngelaS
03-15-2011, 08:24 PM
Cape May at the Beach Club has a fabulous seafood buffet. It was hands down our family's favorite and my girls are still talking about it. :)

egoldber
03-15-2011, 08:47 PM
My kids favs.....

Akershus (princess meal) in Epcot
Sci Fi Dine In at DHS
Crystal Palace at the MK

My favs....

I would have said SciFi but our meal there last time was terrible. Hoping it was a fluke!
Rose&Crown, Epcot (mmmmm, Longbow on tap, mmmmm)
San Angel, Epcot
Rainforest Cafe, AK (literally the best meal we had last time)

Our fav counter service....

Columbia Harbor House at MK
Sunshine Seasons in Epcot
Tangierine Cafe, Epcot
Pizza Planet, DHS
Pizzafari, AK

westwoodmom04
03-15-2011, 10:52 PM
Thanks everyone for contributing . . San Angel is one of my favorites too, although its been about ten years since I was last there.

boolady
03-16-2011, 10:34 AM
We ate at the new place in Mexico, La Hacienda de San Angel, when we were there...it had opened about 1 month before. We really enjoyed it-- the food was good and it was beautiful near the water. We also splurged our last full day there and had dinner at Le Cellier in Canada, which I expected to be hype, but thought was really good, and I'm not a huge steak person.

alien_host
03-16-2011, 01:03 PM
We've only been once but I'll list where we did eat so you can compare:

Best/better meals...we will go back to both when we go again this spring.

1) California Grill - really fresh, yummy food. Nice views and great waitstaff.
2) The Wave - ate there twice (stayed at BLT). Great food IMO, but it is a bit dark so the atmosphere isn't great for Disney Theming.

Favorite Character Meal:
1) Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner at 1900 Park Fare. Character interaction was great. Food seemed moderately better than CP, IMO.
2) Chef Mickey Breakfast. DD loved this, I thought the food wasn't bad for a buffet.

Worst meals:
1) Crystal Palace. I thought the food was meh, the characters took a long time to come around and Piglet never came to the table (and I think we witnessed 2 of those parades around the restaurant).

Counter Service:
I thought Columbia Harbor House and Cosmic Rays at MK were fine.
We did Pizza Planet at HS and that was fine
We even got a hot dog off a cart in MK and were ok with that.
the worst probably was Liberty Inn at Epcot.

I should mention that DD has food allergies so we avoided the restaurants at the World Showcase in Epcot since many of them are not run by Disney and we felt more comfortable w/ a Disney run restaurant.

AngelaS
03-16-2011, 02:14 PM
Several people recommended the Liberty Tree Tavern to us and we were really NOT impressed with it. :P

clc053103
03-16-2011, 02:50 PM
throwing out another one...Portobello. It's at DTD. It wasn't so hot for a few years but a new restaurant group bought it or something so we gave it another try. Even the kids loved it.

TwinFoxes
03-16-2011, 03:09 PM
I'll go with Boma (nice variety, and I loved AKL), Chef Mickey's for breakfast (I thought the character interaction was good, and who doesn't love Mickey shaped waffles!) and lastly...I'll go with Ohana, although Biergarten is close. We didn't see the show in either place, bad seating at Ohana, and left a bit early for Biergarten (it was just kicking off, and looked fun).

I didn't include Hoop dee doo, which I thought was actually pretty good, because it's not a regular restaurant.

My worst meal, hands down, was Backlot Express, counter service at DHS. It was disgusting. It was the only meal I literally couldn't eat. There are lots of other better places to eat.

kaharris83
03-16-2011, 03:21 PM
When we were there in February we all really liked the Pinnochio Village Haus for meatball subs in MK. I was impressed for a counter service location. We didn't do any sit down restaurants so I can't comment on those and all of our other table service was so-so. The cupcakes at Starring Rolls in HS were a must have if you're looking for an amazing dessert splurge though. And a Dole Whip in MK is another must have for us.

veronica
03-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Ohana-dinner
LaCellier
CRT-dinner

We didn't really enjoy any breakfasts. We did chef mickeys, tusker house, or crystal palace.