PDA

View Full Version : Ugh...why can't I stop thinking about BOB?

Kaylee31
03-15-2011, 03:39 PM
There is seriously something wrong with me. :p I have 2 AT strollers: my Tike Tech City X3 and now a MB Terrain. Was going to sell the TT and had a CL buyer, but chickened out and decided to keep it. :bag I really like them both, but it's ridiculous to have two. Both have their pros and cons-- if I could combine them into one stroller it would be perfect!
I love the MB for the push, 16" wheels, adjustable handlebar, handbrake. Love that it takes a carrycot and the Freerider, and has a full recline. I have visions of DS riding the Freerider while I push him and a future DC in the carrycot :).
I'm not as crazy about the color, recline and angle of the seat, the 2-strap recline, the fabric bunching up when it's returned to the "upright" position, and the long fold. Plus the seat seems more narrow and shallow and not as comfortable as the TT. Wish it had a mesh peekaboo window, or back when reclined.
I wish the TT had 16" wheels so it was more rugged like the MB, and a handbrake, other than that no complaints.
I don't run-- just walk/jog on smooth paths. We also like to go on hiking trails, and to the beach for a week in the summer. Now that it's warmer and doesn't get dark until later, I want to start taking DS out everyday.
I've always been curious about the BOB, but didn't like the hammocky seat. Now that it's been improved, I feel like trying the BOB is like an itch I need to scratch. :rolleyes: And no, there isn't any stores that carry it anywhere near me. Specifically, I want the red Stroller Strides model. Which luckily doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere or I probably would have pulled the trigger on it. So am I a total nutcase? Should I try it or just forget about it and focus my love on Terry? :rotflmao:

roseyloxs
03-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Yes. I also love the look of a the new stroller strides BOB. I think the red looks great in the new fabric. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but RightStart and Mystrollers claim they have the stroller in stock at amazon for $439.

Maybe wait and see if diapers.com ever picks it up. Then you can play with it and send it back.

mezzona
03-15-2011, 05:34 PM
i have the bob. it's great, but it's not perfect. you will find cons. then you'll have 3 strollers that arent perfect.

if you want to read on...

on the bob, i dont like that my 3 yr old barely fits in it anymore. the straps are too short. the canopy is too short. it takes up my entire trunk. i could go on. but mostly, i love it. i'm curious about the terry. i love how it looks, but then i'd have 2 strollers and be short 4-500.

roseyloxs
03-15-2011, 05:57 PM
i have the bob. it's great, but it's not perfect. you will find cons. then you'll have 3 strollers that arent perfect.

if you want to read on...

on the bob, i dont like that my 3 yr old barely fits in it anymore. the straps are too short. the canopy is too short. it takes up my entire trunk. i could go on. but mostly, i love it. i'm curious about the terry. i love how it looks, but then i'd have 2 strollers and be short 4-500.

:rotflmao: I love the brutally honest review.

Multimama
03-15-2011, 08:00 PM
Kaylee, I feel your pain. I have a BJCE and am always itching to try a different AT, whether it be Bob, Swifty, Indie, Mutsy or whoever. It is so easy for me to pick out all the things I don't love about it. It doesn't lock when folded, it weighs a ton, it has a slouchy seat, it is TOO WIDE. And hey, I'll admit it influences me that it just doesn't get the love on this board that it used to.

But I am really trying to focus on the reasons to love it. It has a huge seat for my huge DS, it has a flat recline, it has a huge canopy with awesome peekaboo windows and a handle with a really remarkable height range, and you can fold it with one hand and then carry it from the fold strap like it is a handle. Plus it was so inexpensive (relatively speaking) I can probably get most of my investment back if/when I sell.

Love the one you're with. That's my new stroller motto. Or in your case the two you're with. :)

liamsmom
03-15-2011, 08:24 PM
Kaylee, I feel your pain. I have a BJCE and am always itching to try a different AT, whether it be Bob, Swifty, Indie, Mutsy or whoever. It is so easy for me to pick out all the things I don't love about it. It doesn't lock when folded, it weighs a ton, it has a slouchy seat, it is TOO WIDE. And hey, I'll admit it influences me that it just doesn't get the love on this board that it used to.

But I am really trying to focus on the reasons to love it. It has a huge seat for my huge DS, it has a flat recline, it has a huge canopy with awesome peekaboo windows and a handle with a really remarkable height range, and you can fold it with one hand and then carry it from the fold strap like it is a handle. Plus it was so inexpensive (relatively speaking) I can probably get most of my investment back if/when I sell.

Love the one you're with. That's my new stroller motto. Or in your case the two you're with. :)

AGGHHH! Cursed stroller envy! It'll make you question every feature of every stroller!

I am just like both of you! Can't stop thinking about the BOB, the 16" wheels would be awesome, definitely the more well known brand around my area. But I like my BJCC for several reasons. Light weight, great fabric, love the adjustable, rubber handle bar. I'm really considering getting a BOB and giving the BJCC to my mother. And if I feel like I made a mistake, I'll just switch them back! ;) But until I downsize to two (total) strollers, I will.not.buy.anything.else.

Kaylee, I agree with Roseylox. Wait until you find it somewhere with free return shipping. If you still have an itch, then it's safe to scratch.

Kaylee31
03-15-2011, 10:26 PM
Thanks ladies for sympathizing with me. :) So glad I'm not the only one with stroller envy! I don't feel so crazy anymore. I know I will most likely find something wrong w/the BOB too, but I still want it. If only I could combine all the features I like from Terry, the TT, the Summit XC, and the BOB into the perfect stroller for my personal taste. And if I had a garage and a unlimited budget I would probably keep about a dozen strollers for every mood, lol. I will probably refrain until hopefully Diapers carries the red BOB...maybe by then I will have changed my mind but I doubt it. ;)

poohbear
03-16-2011, 10:37 AM
Stroller envy is terrible. I will say though, that I :love5: my (2009) BOB. So much so that when I saw a new(ish) Terrain for $250 on my CL I wasn't even tempted. I sent a BBBer to buy it instead. LOL. But I guess I am a BOB lover. I'm sure Arivecchi would violently disagree with me. And FWIW, my LO has more headroom in the BOB than in the Terrain. I don't think most 3 yos have much head room in any stroller...

But I still have stroller envy.

But I don't know that a BOB would make you happy per se... I would do as Rosey suggested - wait till amazon or diapers gets it and then you can return...

babychi
03-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Because it's awesome?! :) I LOVE my Bob.