PDA

View Full Version : Favorite windshield wipers?

hellokitty
03-15-2011, 04:29 PM
OK, so this seems like such a random thing to think about, right? It's rainy today and I drove to a play date this morning and the windshield wipers were squeaky and kept leaving a smudgy spot in an annoying spot. It's an ongoing issue. I can't seem to find a windshield wiper that I like for my Ody. I've tried several different brands and they've ranged in price from cheap to expensive. DH refuses to get the kind where you just replace the rubber part, he says it is a PITA. If you really like your windshield wipers, can you post the brand/type and if you find them for a good deal, can you tell me which store you get them at? Also, I'm curious as to how often you replace your wipers.

Ceepa
03-15-2011, 04:34 PM
Dh put some on my car last week. I'll check which they are.

ETA: I know he ordered them from Amazon and the brand is Silblade, but couldn't tell the exact model. I think these are the ones.

http://www.amazon.com/Silblade-WB122S-Premium-Black-Silicone/dp/B00029X5WO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1300221514&sr=8-1

mezzona
03-15-2011, 04:38 PM
we got rain-x last time because they were on sale. they sucked so we went back to stock, which is bosch. we get them at autozone and they changed it for us. it is perfect. i was told to change them every year, but really we just change them when they get annoying.

boilermakermom
03-15-2011, 04:41 PM
We like the Rain X ones - maybe it is different for the model car? We change them when they start to fail, show signs of excessive wear.

AnnieW625
03-15-2011, 04:43 PM
I like Rain X, I have either the Repel ones (just by looking at the price on the Rain X wiper selector page (http://www.rainx.com/Products/Wiper_Blades/Selector-New.aspx)). I bought mine at Auto Zone. I think they were BOG1/2 off second. I don't go the dirt cheap model ever for wiper blades as I have BTDT in the past and that was a bad mistake.

vludmilla
03-15-2011, 06:05 PM
My Costco has had some for months now. They are $7 each and a brand name...can't recall what brand right now. They seem to work well.

chays
03-15-2011, 06:10 PM
We have Bosch on our cars and they are AWESOME

infomama
03-15-2011, 06:40 PM
We have Bosch on our cars and they are AWESOME
What she said.

Globetrotter
03-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Check out Costco! They have some for a good price.. as PP said.

Penny's Pappa
03-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Another vote for Bosch.

And a big 'ol :yeahthat: to your husband about replacing only the rubber part of the wiper. It is a total PITA.

tmahanes
03-15-2011, 09:43 PM
We use Anco because that is what DH sells in his store. They are pretty good. I really like the new style that looks like this...http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0014YC3EC/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/179-5485577-0792945. The profile ones work better than the old style!

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

niccig
03-15-2011, 10:33 PM
I need new wiper blades - are they difficult to do yourself?

vludmilla
03-15-2011, 10:35 PM

For you? I would say definitely NOT too difficult. You're a super handy woman! Actually, I don't think they are too difficult for almost anyone to do. :)

hellokitty
03-15-2011, 11:06 PM

DH says that if you go to autozone, they'll just do it for you if you buy it there.

Thanks for all of the replies. We don't have a costco, so that's not an option. Oddly, DH told me his dad spends a fortune on expensive wipers. When I mentioned that many here recommended Bosch, he said, "yeah, that's the only kind my dad gets." :6: So, he had the info, but never followed through.

Penny's Pappa
03-15-2011, 11:18 PM

Only if you try to just replace the rubber part rather than the whole blade assembly. Trust me, that rubber part is WAYYY more trouble than it's worth.

As PPs said, AutoZone will replace them for you, but they're easy enough to do yourself. You press a tab on the blade and slide it off the arm. You do the opposite to put on the new one. The hardest part is finding the right size wiper -- really.

tmahanes
03-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Wipers are so easy to replace!!! usually there is a hook on the end of the arm and you slide the old off and the new on!

BTW - DH says you probably have integral wipers and they are plastic. He says if you lived near his store he would install for you! ;)

ETA nevermind on the integral.... he thought I said rear wiper! He said Valeo is the top of the line and then bosch

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

niccig
03-16-2011, 12:40 AM
For you? I would say definitely NOT too difficult. You're a super handy woman! Actually, I don't think they are too difficult for almost anyone to do. :)

You would be surprised at the easy things that I make way too difficult. DH can't believe the things I have trouble with. I really need new wipers, so I'll go ahead and order them.

Thanks all.