PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Purchases

boilermakermom
03-15-2011, 09:54 PM
I recently purchased diapers from amazon (mom) and have been looking at purchasing kore baby/household items from amazon.

Which got me thinking...maybe I am missing something. What items do you purchase from amazon? Diapers? Soap? Lotion? Gifts?

tmahanes
03-15-2011, 10:13 PM
Its kind of funny what qualifies.... I can't remember what I was looking at the other day but it qualified and I remember thinking that was odd. Maybe dishwasher detergent? I have gotten toys and a superyard.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Nechums
03-15-2011, 10:16 PM
I was wondering the same thing today while at Costco. I was wondering whether some of the stuff I buy in bulk over there would end up being cheaper on Amazon.

boilermakermom
03-15-2011, 10:28 PM
DD is almost out of aveeno cream, so I checked to see if it is cheaper on amazon. I would have to purchase 4 tubes @ $22.66 vs. One tube at $5.99 at target. Amazon comes out to $5.60 a tube, and no tax. Contemplating ordering...
I looked up tide and am wondering if it is cheaper then Costco. Hmmm...

candaceb
03-15-2011, 10:28 PM
someone posted this article contrasting Costco and Amazon shopping recently:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/05/your-money/05money.html

In the past month my amazon orders have included:
diapers; wipes; baby food; fenugreek & blessed thistle capsules that I take for increasing breastmilk production; teething toys; books for DH; skip hop owl that's on backorder until april; a webcam so we can skype with MIL; baby shower gifts for 2 showers; and birthday presents for my friends' kids.

ahrimie
03-15-2011, 10:31 PM
I buy gifts on amazon when it needs to be sent since there's free shipping. I buy books on amazon frequently though because they're often MUCH cheaper than the bookstore. Other than that, just hard to find items. Recently, I bought a case of coconut water because everytime I went to WF they were sold out. It actually ended up being much cheaper on Amazon too. You just have to price check things... some things aren't worth it.

DebbieJ
03-15-2011, 10:38 PM
I just got 4 boxes of Raisin Bran Crunch cereal from Amazon today. :)

veronica
03-16-2011, 06:46 AM
In recent months, I have gotten:
bob books, brain quest cards
diapers , wipes
double snap n go for 65
DH's tea bags for super cheap
coffee
shoes, shoes and more shoes! Lelli Kellys for less than 25 one day!
stain remover: shout advanced (hate waiting for the supermarket to put on sale), carbona, fels naptha
Tide stain release tablets
5 huge boxes of honey bunches of oats for $7 bucks!

mackmama
03-16-2011, 12:12 PM
I buy books, hard-to-find items, baby gear, gifts, etc. Honestly I purchase pretty much everything from Amazon. I love it. The only thing I don't buy on there is food.

♥ms.pacman♥
03-16-2011, 12:27 PM
the past month or so i've had zero time to shop so i have been getting practically *everything* from Amazon these days. the shipping is so fast, sometimes i get stuff in less than 24 hrs. recent orders (aside from diapers & wipes) include curtain rods for DD's nursery...baby clothes...medela pump accessories/containers.

AnnieW625
03-16-2011, 01:51 PM
I really have to compare prices. I have been buying Huggies diapers at Costco for the last couple of months, but someone told me that they were cheaper on Amazon, and it turns out for $5 than the Costco regular price of $39.99 you get 100 more diapers.

s7714
03-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Maybe it's just the items I buy, but I find I can get better deals on most of our household items when buying them at Target or Costco. Target especially when they're on sale. For instance, the body wash DH and I use goes for about $7 a bottle on Amazon with the S&S discount. About once every two months it goes on sale for less than $5 a bottle at Target. I realize with Amazon part of the price is the convenience, but I'd rather just stock up at Target when it's on sale and not have to worry about it for six months or so.

One exception I found recently was my face lotion. With Amazon's S&S program I can get it for about $15 a bottle which is cheaper than I've ever seen it anywhere else.

I am planning on using the S&S for diapers once #3 arrives however as they've been pricing out cheaper per diaper.

boilermakermom
03-16-2011, 02:11 PM
I am seeing the diapers are cheaper on amazon. I don't know about cereal though. We seem to go through apple cinnamon cheerios and kashi go lean FAST! But it seems it is either the same price or a bit more expensive on amazon. What about Tide? Anyone purchased that on amazon?

boilermakermom
03-16-2011, 02:12 PM
I know amazon is tax free-does that make it that much more desirable? Even for one or two items?