PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive double stroller for older kids? YES! Update in post #5

MoJo
03-16-2011, 07:27 AM
I've been wanting one for a year; nothing has showed up on my CL for that whole time. Spring is here, and I know I'll get out so much more if I can contain both kids.

At almost 3, JellyBean still likes to ride. But she's 34 lbs and 38."

Ha is 9 months (sits great), 17 lbs, and another tall one.

In my dreams, I'd be able to use one stroller for walks to the PO and the park in our village, and for trips to antique malls or the zoo. That means it needs to fit in a sedan but be usable outdoors.

I've never seen, much less pushed, any of the nice strollers people here like to discuss. I was very happy with my 10-year-old Baby Trend jogging stroller, and even the used Graco I had when Jelly Bean was a baby was OK until the fold mechanism stopped working properly.

I just want something that's a help instead of a hindrance in travelling with my girls. I'm heading to BRU today for some field testing. What should I look at?

And. . . is there any place where you can say, "I need a stroller that fits kids these sizes, fits in a sedan, and works both indoors/outdoors," besides here, of course? Looking at doubles online the past few days is making my head spin, and too many times I can't even find specifications.

legaleagle
03-16-2011, 08:33 AM
Baby Jogger City Micro! $179-199 at albee baby http://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger-city-micro-double-stroller-in-ocean.html

MoJo
03-16-2011, 08:56 AM
Thanks, legaleagle! Those reviews covered pretty much everything I was looking for, and that price is what I was hoping for, too!

Smillow
03-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Baby Jogger City Micro! $179-199 at albee baby http://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger-city-micro-double-stroller-in-ocean.html

This is what I was going to suggest, too!

MoJo
04-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Got it a week ago, & it's just what I needed! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

DH was VERY skeptical when he saw it. He even asked me not to embarrass him by trying to get it through any doors with the kids in it if he was around. But then he had to apologize. . . .

I can not only get it through every door I've tried by myself with the kids in it, but I can take it in the bigger bathroom stalls which is wonderful with a newly-PT'ed girl and one who's non-walking but too big for the baby carrier. I can take it to the antique mall and not be in everyone's way more than anyone else. The steering indoors is better than any of the singles I've owned. It's rough on grass, but I expected that and it's far from its primary four uses.

And, the first time I used it. . . I was able to pull it out of the trunk of our sedan and get it set up WHILE holding the baby:yay: (I normally don't do that, but DH left me wrangling both while we were out shopping. I wasn't going to do that when I had a perfectly good tool in my car.) I can push it with one hand. . . I can push it with only one child in it. . . and it's so comfy my non-napping toddler slept in it on our first outing!

I said in my first post that people around here just don't have nice strollers. . . so far, strangers have called it a "Cadillac" and "the best seat in the house."

blue
04-04-2011, 11:00 AM
And, the first time I used it. . . I was able to pull it out of the trunk of our sedan and get it set up WHILE holding the baby:yay:

I am glad you like the stroller :thumbsup:. I have the single BJCMicro and love it. What you said about being able to set it up while holding the baby, is one of the reasons I fell in love with it :heartbeat:!

Good to know you like the double. If I have another DC, I was considering getting it...... Be care, my love for the BJCMicro is what started my interest in strollers. You may find yourself find yourself researching other stroller for fun, and then buying more :loveeyes: Have fun with your new stroller!

Smillow
04-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Great review! I love my single Micro (got it when DS was 20 months) and it did great in Savannah at the park & on the sidewalks (cobblestones were a little bumpy, but then, cobblestones are bumpy!). Glad to hear the double is as good - there is only a limited supply of them, should be interesting to see how they resale..

MoJo
04-04-2011, 11:05 AM
You may find yourself find yourself researching other stroller for fun, and then buying more :loveeyes: Have fun with your new stroller!

Yeah, I already thought I might want to upgrade one or more of my singles whenever JellyBean stops riding so much. But for this year, this is it, and I'm very happy!

Neelloc
04-04-2011, 11:33 AM
My friend got the red a few months ago and swears it has changed her life! :hysterical: Her kids are 4 and 1, and she finds it pushes like a dream with both kids in it! Glad you like yours!!!

crl
04-04-2011, 01:17 PM
Yay! Glad you like it!
Catherine

Kaylee31
04-04-2011, 05:40 PM
Awesome! So glad you like it and that it's working out well for you!

georgiegirl
04-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Maybe I need to get one for my 5 year old and 20 month old. Does anyone know if it's he same size flded as he city mini?