PDA

View Full Version : Need a booster for spare seat (occasional use) - 5 yo child

Katigre
03-16-2011, 10:01 AM
My DS is 5 and just barely 40 lbs/40". In our main car he rides in a Nautilus, but once a month he needs to ride in DH's car locally (no highways). What would be a good seat option for him? I think a booster would be the best choice as DH needs to be able to easily remove the seat to transport cargo in his hatchback, and given DS's height/weight and ability to sit well in the seat I think he'd be fine in a booster.

Which would you recommend that I can buy at a brick-and-mortar store for cheap? Can I go with a backless or do I need a high back? Thanks :).

HIU8
03-16-2011, 10:23 AM
I would go with a high back turbo booster.

AnnieW625
03-16-2011, 02:19 PM
A high back turbo booster or if you know you are going to need a ffing travel seat for your DD, a Safety First Go.

Joolsplus2
03-16-2011, 03:56 PM
If dh is a 'car guy', he might like a Recaro Vivo or ProBooster in his car. Parkway SGL is also nice (doesn't have to be LATCHED in, so easy enough to toss in and out of the trunk).
Those aren't cheap, but may be a good choice to start with now, and move to your car full time later....? They are taller than the Turbo and will offer side impact protection to an older/taller age. Turbo's fine, though, and easy to find in a lot of stores and generally fits 5 yo's just fine (with lots of reminders to sit properly with the seatbelt over his lap and shoulder).

:)