PDA

View Full Version : Personalization?

liamsmom
03-16-2011, 02:05 PM
So I was thinking about getting the PBK Anywhere chair for DS due to the sale. But I wonder about getting it personalized. Is it a waste? How long do these chairs (and the slipcovers) last? Obviously it will be harder to resell in the future if the slipcover has his name on it. How many years do people keep these for their kids?

FWIW, I bought the One Step Ahead sling bookcase and got that personalized. But I figured it will be in our house for at least the next 5 years. By then it will have lost the resale value and/or be completely trashed anyway.

tiapam
03-17-2011, 01:05 AM
I usually don't get stuff like that personalized. For me it is mostly a green thing, as I assumed at that price it would still be usable even when we were done with it. Ours have held up well except for stains, so to me that is usable. Also we got the "first" chair in green when we lived in a very small house and had a very small child. In our new house, she graduated up to a reg size in pink and DS got her green. So no need for us to buy a new cover and she gave her green one up happily.