PDA

View Full Version : Seat for 5 yr old

debnnick
03-16-2011, 04:00 PM
My daughter just turned 5 and is 40 inches tall and 37 pounds and currently uses a Britax Decathalon (expiring). Looking for a new seat with 5 pt harness that she could use for at least 2-3 yrs. Something super safe and (if possible) not super expensive. Thanks for your help.

jacksmoma
03-17-2011, 03:22 PM
britax frontier will last till she's all out of car seats :) check amazon.com....

Tajsa
03-17-2011, 06:09 PM
Check out the graco Nautilus, it's cheaper than the frontier. It harnesses to 65lbs and also converts to a highback booster then a no back booster.

Veronica's Mommy
03-21-2011, 01:36 PM
In same situation. DD turns 5 in June and has been in her DC since birth, so I need to switch it out soon. I have been looking at the Frontier 85. Amazon has a pretty blue color for $209 (orig $279), I'm guessing that color's about to be discontinued.

ETA: Just ordered the new "Livia" (fuschia) color from albeebaby.com for $209.99. It has all of the colors for that price right now. Amazon's prices vary by color. Good luck! I am so excited and DD is going to LOVE the color. I actually was considering getting the blue at first, thinking that at some point it might get passed down to her brother... but I will worry about that when the time comes. Who knows, he might like pink! :p

lhafer
03-21-2011, 02:05 PM
I had a Decathalon for my daughter as well. When she outgrew it I got her a Graco Nautilus. She liked it and I liked it. But we needed another seat for DH's car (she rarely rides with him). So I decided to move it over to his car, and I got a Britax Frontier 85 for my car (she rides in my car 99.9% of the time). LOVE LOVE LOVE the Frontier and so does she. She's petite like your daughter (33 pounds, and 41 inches). She just turned 5 years old.

Both of these seats will be the last seat she needs. If you can go to BRU and try them out side by side. When I was deciding on the Frontier vs another Nautilus for my car - I literally was there for like an hour making her go back and forth between them and telling me how she liked them. She preferred the Frontier85. I sold a playhouse she never played in and traded in an crib during the Trade In Event at BRU. I was able to get the frontier for $65!!