PDA

View Full Version : Are you waiting for anything to happen?

WatchingThemGrow
03-16-2011, 08:13 PM
I'm waiting for a house in the right price range, in the right neighborhood to come on the market. I'm not going to continue to pine for it, but I'm going to keep on living happily until it comes along.

Are you waiting for something to happen?

jgenie
03-16-2011, 08:16 PM
I'm patiently waiting for DS2 to sleep more than 3 hours at a time. DS1 STTN at 15 months - I'm really hoping DS2 beats that soon. :)

g-mama
03-16-2011, 08:24 PM
I am waiting to find the right retail space for us to open the store we are opening.

MelissaTC
03-16-2011, 08:26 PM
Trying to patiently wait for our adoption referral. We are over 4 years now.

Twoboos
03-16-2011, 08:33 PM
I'm waiting for a house in the right price range, in the right neighborhood to come on the market. I'm not going to continue to pine for it, but I'm going to keep on living happily until it comes along.

Something similar here. I am waiting for the sellers of the house we made a 92% of asking price offer on, to stop being so pigheaded and "offended" at our "low" offer, and decide to talk to us again. (Seriously, you don't get offended in this market - you negotiate. Especially if I can back up our offer with comps on the next street that you refuse to acknowledge.) OR, I am waiting for a better house.

And I am waiting for our house to be fixed. Rebuilding has started, which is good. Only 10 more days.

mackmama
03-16-2011, 08:34 PM
I am waiting for LO to sleep through the night. I'm also waiting for Survivor to come on tonight.

truly scrumptious
03-16-2011, 08:39 PM
I'm waiting for this baby to arrive. I thought I was in labor last week but it wasn't. As a result I'm mentally checked out of work, and everything and literally waiting to go into labor.

scrooks
03-16-2011, 08:40 PM
I am waiting for two things:
1- the birth of DS#2:)
2- to see if DH is able to find another job in the next couple of months. If not we will have to move out of state next year.:(

mom2one
03-16-2011, 08:48 PM
I am waiting for our house to sell that is located in another state from us. I am waiting for the prices in CA to drop more so we can buy a house here.

(Twoboos- if someone offered me 92% of my asking price, I'd be over the moon happy!)

Multimama
03-16-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm waiting to TTC #2.
I'm waiting for financial security (see above).
It's either going to be a very long wait or I will give up waiting.

MamaMolly
03-16-2011, 08:55 PM
I'm waiting for DH to get the green light on his surgery to drain the pseudo-cyst that developed on his pancreas after a nearly fatal case of pancreatitis in mid December. I'm in a short term lease apartment with my husband, two children, and a visiting MIL in a different country than where I usually live. I'm waiting for my life to return to 'normal' which in no way actually resembles most people's normal, and I'm about 51% sure I don't ever want to go back 'home' except to pack up my house, get my dog and never, ever set foot in the country again. Ever. Make that about 89% sure.

My Christmas decorations are still up. :( At home, that is.

WolfpackMom
03-16-2011, 09:15 PM
I'm waiting nervously for my friend to hear back on her phd program (see mojo request yesterday).
I'm waiting for DS to learn how to sleep
I'm waiting to find out if this nightmare of a new boss today is really going to be as awful as she seems, therby waiting to see if I will be getting laid off or quitting in the next couple months.
On a happy note, waiting for some free time to visit with new friends. :)

mom2MandC
03-16-2011, 09:21 PM
1. I am waiting for my 14 month of DD2 to learn to sleep through the night. 2. I was also waiting to TTC #3, but not sure if that is on the list any more due to how spent I am because of the first thing I am still waiting for!!

gatorsmom
03-16-2011, 09:22 PM
I am waiting for our new nanny to start so I can start cleaning out my dad's house and start working on our house to put them both on the market.

I'm waiting for the time when I have enough time during the day to exercise more so I can lose 20 more lb.s

I'm waiting for us to get back into a regular routine so I can start making some of the changes Greenbean's behavioral therapist has suggested.

DietCokeLover
03-16-2011, 09:27 PM
Long term (I have been waiting for this for 6 years!!!) I am waiting for our business to sell so that we can move away from this town that I hate and we can actually live in a home of our own rather than live at our business.

Short term I am waiting for Top Chef to come on.

lmh2402
03-16-2011, 09:30 PM
i'm waiting to get over this sinus infection

and i'm waiting for ds to get better and stop impersonating the devil

and i'm waiting for improved financial security - we bit off a lot with this house and DH has been out of his exact field of work since the market correction in '07

and i'm waiting for the bravery (and financial security) to start ttc #2. i've been feeling very strong yearning for a baby lately. but i'm not sure i'm mentally strong enough. and i'm scared about the financial implications.

AND...i'm waiting for spring and try and shake off some of my depression and funk that's enveloped me since our move in aug/sept

carolinamama
03-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Waiting for DH to get home from work. (Wed and Thur he tends to work late since he's home early Mon and Tue)
Waiting for DD to come in July.
Waiting to hear where DS1 got into school for next year so I feel like we can make plans.
And truthfully I am waiting for my sister to feel better after her m/c because our previously good relationship has become very awkward and strained since I have 2 kids and DD and her 1st were due within weeks of eachother. Plus I hate seeing her so down and I've btdt so I know how much it sucks.

jent
03-16-2011, 09:37 PM
Similar to OP, I'm waiting for housing, but I'm waiting for the perfect rental to come up. We are not moving until June-July, and I'm told the rentals for that time don't start to come in until April 1, but I just want to pick a place now.

Also, waiting for our house to sell. We too would be excited about 92% of asking price!

Melaine
03-16-2011, 09:42 PM
Yes. Either DH to become open to more children, change jobs, or go back to school. I feel like we are in a stall pattern right now. And we desperately need to do stuff to the house in preparation for selling it so that we can move, but that is looking far away. I'm feeling pretty discouraged, actually.

jent
03-16-2011, 09:52 PM
...Either DH to become open to more children, change jobs, or go back to school. I feel like we are in a stall pattern right now...

Oh, I forgot to include DH in my response. I could have written your exact words a year ago. Now, I've given up on the more children part, and by deciding to change my own career path, I am sparking DH to make up his mind about his future. He is still in deep dilemma about what to do once we move though.

wencit
03-16-2011, 09:55 PM
I'm waiting to hear which elementary school DS1 got into (lottery system here).

I'm waiting for DH's 2-year mark at his current job, at which point he will be free to look for a new job back in our home state, no strings attached.

I'm STILL waiting for DS2 to start sleeping through the night, too (19 months and counting). I sure hope I don't have to wait much longer on this one!

purpleeyes
03-16-2011, 09:56 PM
I'm waiting for Easter so I can start netflix-ing my favorite show again. :D
I'm waiting for my mom's treatment regimen to be over.
I'm waiting for April so I can start the mortgage process.
I'm waiting for my "new" life to frickin start already!

lhafer
03-16-2011, 10:32 PM
I am waiting for a new car...the one I have is fine, but there are things they fixed in the new model that get on my nerves in my current car.

I am waiting to own my own business. It's something I have always wanted to do. But since becoming a SAHM, we don't quite meet the financial requirements without going in with someone else.

I am waiting for my eye to heal - my baby scratched my cornea Monday night and it's still hurts, is red and inflammed, and I can't see in bright light (or any light basically). And yes I went to the doctor yesterday.

I am waiting for our community garage sale next weekend so I can hopefully get ride of some bulky toys and a dresser that are doing nothing but taking up room!!

JoyNChrist
03-16-2011, 10:36 PM
I'm waiting for the new Jean M. Auel book to come out at the end of this month.

I'm waiting for life to start feeling normal again. We're out of that triage mode with the new babies, but I still don't feel like this is "my life," ya know?

AJP
03-16-2011, 10:44 PM
Waiting for a P & S agreement & signing for dh's business to finally be sold! Praying night and day that he gets some family time before/after our ds is born in the summer and the next venture starts also!

niccig
03-16-2011, 10:47 PM
To hear if DH get a job offer - it's been a couple of weeks now.

To put DS to bed so I can do some work.

♥ms.pacman♥
03-16-2011, 10:55 PM
am waiting for DD to be well enough to be discharged from the NICU so we can finally bring her home.

JoyNChrist
03-16-2011, 11:19 PM
am waiting for DD to be well enough to be discharged from the NICU so we can finally bring her home.

Been there (x2) and it's no fun. :hug: Hope she's home soon!

bigpassport
03-16-2011, 11:26 PM
What a timely thread. We've had a contract to purchase a house waiting for the Seller to get short sale approval for five months. Waiting and waiting. Just got short sale approval today! So now we have to hustle to get the inspection and due diligence done (crossing my fingers there aren't too many things wrong with the house...built in 1977), and closing in 30 days.

Also, we're waiting to be matched with another baby for adoption:love-retry:

Uno-Mom
03-16-2011, 11:58 PM
I'm waiting...
...for Sprog to stop coughing.
...for me to stop coughing.

kijip
03-17-2011, 12:20 AM
I am waiting for a cure for migraine headaches that works for me. Yeah, I have tried dietary concerns, supplements, prescription medication, caffeine, caffeine free, chiropractic, massage...and yet every so often...ugh.

happy2bamom
03-17-2011, 01:23 AM
I'm waiting to make friends and have some real connections with people here (we moved here in December)

I'm waiting for my ankle to heal so that I can get back to working out and playing tennis.

I'm also waiting for us to save up enough money so that we can buy a swimming pool.

YouAreTheFocus
03-17-2011, 01:32 AM
(Long term) I'm waiting to see if the contract I work under is renewed in September.

(Short term) I'm waiting for my husband to come home on Sunday.

MommyAllison
03-17-2011, 01:35 AM
Waiting for the end of the first trimester, and (hopefully) the end of all day nausea.

kozachka
03-17-2011, 02:28 AM
I am waiting for our lease to end in May and for us to move to a better place in the same area. Waiting to know whether it would be an apartment, townhouse or house. It's still too early to look at listings although we already have one option for an apartment.

Waiting to know #1 so that I could decide about buying a Nissan Leaf (or not) so that I could cut down my commute on the way back from work. If it's a townhouse or a house then we can charge EV, otherwise not.

Wating to see if my boss quits after the recent org changes, and I have to urgently find another job. Really should start networking now so that I am prepared.

Waiting for summer school sign up to open so that I could enroll DS and figure out our summer schedule.

Waiting to hear back from several after school programs to see what our arrangements would be come August. Our contract with school program has been terminated for me being late for pickup, and the new daycare program that DS started this week is closing in June due to elderly owner retirement.

Waiting for DH to figure out what he wants to do professionally in the States. Am sick and tired of having him gone out of the country for 77% to 60% of the time. DS needs his father more and more as he gets older.

Waiting to start losing weight now that I finally started working out. Waiting to get stronger so that I can work out more without getting very tired. Think it's beginning to happen after 3 weeks.

Waiting to file for naturalization and finally becoming a US citizen. Have had the 'pleasure' of paying US taxes since '98 without the advantage of travelling visa-free to majority of the world.

Waiting for DS passport to arrive so that we could finally go to Mexico for vacation that we paid for back in December but could not leave for because of his passport expiring and us not noticing it until the last moment.

Waiting to resolve the state of relationship with DH. We fight a lot and both often wonder how long this will last. This is also holding me back in figuring out what to do professionally as my next job would probably be more challenging and require my home situation to be in order.

Looks like a long list. Ouch...

kedss
03-17-2011, 02:34 AM
Been waiting for three days to see where the Residency gods send us, we knew we matched on Monday, but we don't find out til later this morning!

KpbS
03-17-2011, 05:02 AM
I am waiting for DD to hit that 12-13 week mark where she is better able to settle and fall asleep without a ton of assistance. I am waiting for DSs to get over their recent round of strep throat pt 2. Waiting for enough sleep to feel like I could exercise if I had the chance. Waiting to make a close friend or two here--probably will be awhile!!

goldenpig
03-17-2011, 05:14 AM
Been waiting for three days to see where the Residency gods send us, we knew we matched on Monday, but we don't find out til later this morning!

BTDT. Good luck & hope you get what you want! :cheerleader1:

goldenpig
03-17-2011, 05:19 AM
Waiting for our housing value to recover so we can either refinance or sell.
Waiting to buy a minivan.
Waiting to decide if we will try for #3.
Waiting for DS to STTN and learn how to sleep in his crib instead of our bed (that would definitely help with TTC #3 :wink2:).

Maxlee
03-17-2011, 06:11 AM
BTDT. Good luck & hope you get what you want! :cheerleader1:
:yeahthat: keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Dream
03-17-2011, 08:56 AM
I'm waiting for DD2 to make her grand arrival!!:) Tomorrow is my due date.

Ceepa
03-17-2011, 10:53 AM
I'm waiting for DD2 to make her grand arrival!!:) Tomorrow is my due date.

Exciting!

I'm waiting on some house repairs.

MommyofAmaya
03-17-2011, 11:13 AM
I am waiting for Sebastian's dental procedure with general anesthesia to be OVER. It is scheduled for next Wednesday, March 23 and I'm all nerves and I only imagine it will get worse between now and then. As soon as I finish waiting for that, I will be waiting by the mailbox for the the admissions results of all 13 elementary magnet applications that will be mailed mailed on Friday, March 25th.

trcy
03-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Waiting for a little financial stability.

fedoragirl
03-17-2011, 11:34 AM
We are waiting for our house to get sold....soon. It's depressing.

AnnieW625
03-17-2011, 11:48 AM
I am waiting to meet a fellow BBBer in real life tomorrow for lunch!

I am waiting to go to Lake Arrowhead tomorrow night for the weekend (it might snow!)

I am waiting for next week to go on our mini vacation to Sacramento, and I might take the girls to the Steinhart Aquarium and the Japanese Tea Gardens in San Francisco.

JMS
03-17-2011, 12:43 PM
I am waiting to begin renovating our new house. I can't wait to start construction but I'm about to resort to eeny meeny miny moo for choosing an architect!

lizzywednesday
03-17-2011, 01:01 PM
I am waiting 'til DD's June followup with cardiology and a determination as to whether or not she'll need another echo under sedation for the doc & the surgeon to get the information they needed, but didn't get all of, at her last visit.

I am waiting for the weather to stay nice so DH and DD can spend more time outside.

I am waiting for DH to either get his business started or actively look for jobs.

I am waiting for some time to myself that doesn't involve driving all over the world.

jess_g
03-17-2011, 01:21 PM
I am waiting for my sons next round of medical testing in April and their school vacation week in April too.

I am also waiting for some nice spring weather.

And I am anxiously waiting to see what happens to the 2 townhome/condos on our street that were just listed for a lot of money to sell so I can get a better sense of what our place is worth. If they sell anywhere near their listing price than we will be doing very well with our home value.

I am also waiting for my dh to buy me an ipad but I know that will never happen!

Jessica.

zoestargrove
03-17-2011, 01:35 PM
I'm waiting for dh to get a job. He's been a SAHD for 6 years, but we are both ready for him to get back to work so we can get ahead financially.

jerigirl
03-17-2011, 01:41 PM
I am waiting for someone to make an offer on our house.
I am also patiently waiting for the end of April until the (previous) owners of the house we just bought, move out so we can start some work we want done before we move in.

alexmommy
03-17-2011, 02:13 PM
I'm waiting to be allowed off of bedrest. Ten weeks so far...At most another seven weeks.

I'm waiting for DH to come back home after a 3-month business trip.

I'm waiting for DS to start talking well, he is 22 mo and it seems like all the other kids his age talk well.

I'm waiting to pay off a major student loan.

I'm waiting for our CSA to start up again--yummy!

Corie
03-17-2011, 02:40 PM
I am sitting here waiting for my a$$ to decrease in size.

lhafer
03-17-2011, 02:43 PM
I am sitting here waiting for my a$$ to decrease in size.

OMG Corie....LOVE your avatar!! Moto Moto!! :hysterical:

SkyrMommy
03-17-2011, 02:55 PM
I'm waiting to hear if my work was juried into an art exhibit.

I'm waiting for my iPad (DH had it engraved so it's taking longer!)

I'm waiting for the first crocuses to poke through the snow and bloom.

KDsMommy
03-17-2011, 03:32 PM
I'm waiting for a hearing to be scheduled for my divorce so DS and I can move on with our life.

pastrygirl
03-17-2011, 08:24 PM
I'm waiting until we can move south, away from the snow.

Also waiting for my husband to take both kids for a considerable amount of time. Especially without it seeming like a favor to me, or a burden, or like he's just biding his time until I return...

dec756
03-17-2011, 09:23 PM
waiting for my little brother to wake up from his coma/vegetative state.
it's been one month since his motorcycle accident :(

WatchingThemGrow
03-17-2011, 10:28 PM
Ok, this calls for one big :grouphug: ! I appreciate everyone sharing what you are waiting for. Lots of :crying: and :praying: going on here. Hoping these situations resolve soon with happy endings!

twowhat?
03-17-2011, 10:31 PM
Waiting to buy a bigger house that will accomodate grandparents when they need to move in with us, which involves 1) making sure our jobs survive the next couple of years in this economy and 2) saving enough money for a good down payment.

Waiting for my mom to finish her chemo so that she can get her ileostomy reversal and feel normal again. Would like to wait forever for if/when her cancer recurs.

Waiting for my brother's ashes to be returned to us from the medical center where he was donated for research/education so that we can finally let him rest.

Waiting for the girls to reach the point where they can play by themselves long enough for us to get projects done around the house. Could be years, from what I hear.

And last but not least: waiting to turn the girls FF :D

Melbel
03-18-2011, 07:45 AM
We are waiting to hear from Johns Hopkins regarding DS' brain MRIs and pineal cyst.

We are waiting for lab results for DS to determine if there are non-neurological reasons for his recent vertigo, motor coordination and memory issues. As an aside, the pediatrician was great yesterday and is taking DS' issues seriously.