PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have an infestation?

kristac
03-16-2011, 08:23 PM
Apparently we have an infestation of small green imaginary people. DS1 (kindergardener) wanted to make a trap after dinner. When I asked him where he learned to make leprechaun traps he said "from a book". He set up three elaborate traps around the house complete with instructional signs and gold coins as "bait". One of them involves a catapult. He says if we catch one we get to keep it and make it tell us where the gold is. "I know it's not fair mommy- but they have more gold then us!"

Not sure what I do now?

buddyleebaby
03-16-2011, 08:25 PM
Turn the milk green and tell him the leprechauns outsmarted you this year!

momof2girls
03-16-2011, 08:27 PM
that's a tough one. as I type DH is setting atrap with my Kindergartener as well. I already told her that a leprechaun has never been caught IRL so she shouldn't be disappointed if she doesn't catch one. I am thinking of leaving behind a treat of some sort for her in the trap though. Maybe something I can make with green food coloring. Too late to go to the stores now!

Twoboos
03-16-2011, 08:35 PM
DD1 made a trap too!! I need something to put in there, I don't think I have greed food coloring. ACK!!!

LMPC
03-16-2011, 09:00 PM
This thread is too cute!!!

mom2one
03-16-2011, 09:04 PM
I am making green rice crispy treats tomorrow!

Also, his teacher (this is first grade) is planning on making a mess in the room and blaming it on the leprechauns. That is an idea, and maybe somehow making small footprints.

newnana
03-16-2011, 09:08 PM
oh yeah, the leprechauns destroy our house. We have a trap all set up.

I have TJ's chocolate gold coins. The toilet water in the morning will be miraculously green. Shamrocks will be drawn on the bathroom mirror with dry erase marker. The kitchen chairs will be turned around. maybe some green pancakes for breakfast. DD's room will be slightly rearranged.

I wanted to do little leprechaun footprints on her cheek or hand with washable ink, but she would flip out in a bad way with that.

All ideas I've stolen off the BBB, thanks guys!

MamaMolly
03-16-2011, 09:08 PM
I am making green rice crispy treats tomorrow!

Also, his teacher (this is first grade) is planning on making a mess in the room and blaming it on the leprechauns. That is an idea, and maybe somehow making small footprints.

Oh, I know how to make tiny foot prints! Roll your hand into a fist like you are wrapping you whole hand around a steering wheel. When you set down your hand, on the pinkie edge, it makes a print JUST like a little foot print. Use your thumb print for the big toe, and another finger to print the other toes. Who knew my first grade obsession with Ed Emberly books would pay of down the road. :) Good luck!

geochick
03-16-2011, 09:49 PM
These little guys just visited our house...the kids just went to bed. They turn EVERY chair in the house upside down, they spring the traps, but don't get caught. While they're getting away from the traps, they drop a little bit of chocolate gold (or any gold-covered candy...rolo, etc.). They leave flour footprints (see above) on our walls and on our table.

Good luck!