PDA

View Full Version : I got a 2008 Stroller Strides BOB for $75!

WatchingThemGrow
03-16-2011, 08:26 PM
At the consignment sale across the street from my house, someone marked it for $75! I volunteered 2x, so I was one of the first people inside. It was mfg. in 8-08, and it looks good except the footwell. The tires need air/attention, and it seems to be tracking to the right. The wrist strap is missing, and I had to cut the yellow cord (per the recall) so I could take it home.

Any tips on rehabbing it? Tires, fabric, tracking, wrist strap?

The reason I decided to get it (3rd DC is coming up on 2yo) is because the 3 and 4yo's are riding their bikes and the Cameleon can't keep up. I feel silly pushing the BJCED, and the D'lite is stuffed away in the shed. Everyone needs an 8th stroller, right? :bag

jgenie
03-16-2011, 08:30 PM
WOW - What a score!!!!

mackmama
03-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Wow! Do you live near a shop that restores strollers? I just heard about these, and they sound kind of interesting. Don't know how much they'd charge though.

drcarpiodds
03-16-2011, 09:19 PM
AWESOME score!!!

Enjoy your new ride!

:applause:

bubbaray
03-16-2011, 09:30 PM
BOB CS should be able to help you with both the recall and the tracking issue! Great score!

carolinamama
03-16-2011, 09:38 PM
Awesome score. But no idea how to rehab it.

WolfpackMom
03-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Im not going to lie, this makes me want to cry a little with jealousy after all the trouble Ive had in the same exact location to get one, haha. If you decide you want to commit stroller arbitrage against me, let me know.

Good for you!! :boogie:

bubbaray
03-16-2011, 09:46 PM
AHHH, are you KIDDING ME -- I just typed out a whole reply with the tracking adjustments and it crashed!??!

Anyway, the red knob at the front of the swivel wheel is what you need to adjust:

http://www.bobgear.com/sites/default/files/file/oms05a-revo.pdf

WatchingThemGrow
03-16-2011, 10:03 PM
AHHH, are you KIDDING ME -- I just typed out a whole reply with the tracking adjustments and it crashed!??!

Anyway, the red knob at the front of the swivel wheel is what you need to adjust:

http://www.bobgear.com/sites/default/files/file/oms05a-revo.pdf
Thanks! I found it for the SUS, but was just looking for the Revo. info.

Wpmom, I've been keeping an eye out for another one for a looooooong time. I found an SUS for a friend in 2007 for $100. It was really nice, and I've been jealous when I've seen her out running with it. And I was totally jealous of my SIL who is due soon just being able to buy a brand new one. I'm totally going to use it tomorrow, but I know my DC are going to beat each other up trying to determine who it is for. I'll keep an eye out for you.

WolfpackMom
03-16-2011, 10:07 PM
Thanks! I found it for the SUS, but was just looking for the Revo. info.

Wpmom, I've been keeping an eye out for another one for a looooooong time. I found an SUS for a friend in 2007 for $100. It was really nice, and I've been jealous when I've seen her out running with it. And I was totally jealous of my SIL who is due soon just being able to buy a brand new one. I'm totally going to use it tomorrow, but I know my DC are going to beat each other up trying to determine who it is for. I'll keep an eye out for you.

lol I was just teasing, enjoy your awesome deal!! Thanks for keeping an eye out for me though. I should have volunteered at the sale by me this weekend, ugh I never have time!

roseyloxs
03-16-2011, 11:12 PM
I'm totally going to use it tomorrow, but I know my DC are going to beat each other up trying to determine who it is for. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Nice score! I actually witnessed a fight over a BOB today. I was going for a walk with the neighbor and her kids were fighting over who would get to use the new single BOB. They begrudgingly used the duallie (yes she also owns the duallie revo). It was pretty funny. Congrats again on the awesome deal, I have always been partial to the red revo.

poohbear
03-17-2011, 11:28 AM
At the consignment sale across the street from my house, someone marked it for $75! I volunteered 2x, so I was one of the first people inside. It was mfg. in 8-08, and it looks good except the footwell. The tires need air/attention, and it seems to be tracking to the right. The wrist strap is missing, and I had to cut the yellow cord (per the recall) so I could take it home.

Any tips on rehabbing it? Tires, fabric, tracking, wrist strap?

The reason I decided to get it (3rd DC is coming up on 2yo) is because the 3 and 4yo's are riding their bikes and the Cameleon can't keep up. I feel silly pushing the BJCED, and the D'lite is stuffed away in the shed. Everyone needs an 8th stroller, right? :bag

Great score! You will love it. Bummer that they made you cut the cord. If you go on the recall site, you can get velcro tabs (fill out the form that you use the weather shield). I haven't tried them because I left my cord in.

If the tires are really low, you may need to use a needle nose pliers to tilt the valve out in order to get a good seal with the pump. New tubes/tires are not too expensive if they're bad.

Bob may be able to replace the wrist strap. If not, someone on strollerswap just posted an iso for one and got one, so you may be able to do something like that...

Enjoy your BOB :) :jammin: