PDA

View Full Version : What would you pick?

WolfpackMom
03-16-2011, 09:38 PM
I know poohbear and arrivechi are sick of me by now with trying to find a Bob that wont break the bank (sorry)...so I thought I would ask the masses.

If you wanted a stroller to use on park trails, neighborhood walks, maybe a little power walking or light jogging. What would you go for? A Bob Revolution where you can lock the wheel, a Bob with a stationary wheel, a Mountain Buggy, a Valco? Something else exciting?

I am inclined to buy used or a good sale, but I have upped my budget a smidge upon receiving a bonus at work today (most of which is going to daycare, bah)....lets say we can't over $350 (but I would prefer to spend less than that). Ive found some amazing deals on Babyjoggers (Q series, Classic) or Bobs that have the stationary wheel, and a couple OK but not great deals on used Revolutions, but I feel a little twinge at spending over $300 on something used.

I was all set on a Revolution until I saw people going on and on on stroller swap about no light jogging or trail strolling with a swivel wheel. And therefore am now confused, I thought it was fine so long as the wheel locked.

So what do YOU think is the ideal stroller for such activities. Note the park trails here are paved, Im not going off roading on dirt paths or anything...

bubbaray
03-16-2011, 09:48 PM
For what you describe, definitely a swivel wheel. For what *I* consider a trail (dirt, with lots of tree roots), a fixed wheel is easier, but if I couldn't own both a fixed wheel stroller and a swivel wheel stroller, I would still pick a swivel wheel.

At one time, I owned (amongst many other strollers) a Bob Revolution, an MBUS and a fixed-wheel Chariot jogger. They all had their uses.

carolinamama
03-16-2011, 09:49 PM
I would choose the Bob Revolution. We had a fixed wheel Bob and while it was a great stroller, it just wasn't made for what I needed - a good solid walking stroller. I replaced it with a BJCC and while I think the Bob feels slightly more solid, I have loved the BJCC. I got it for a great deal on CL which is why I went with that one. I *think* I'm getting ready to sell it. ;) ;)

Anyway, I read through some of those strollerswap messages and while I do agree for heavy jogging, unless you are out to run lots and fast, you'll be fine with a swivel wheel. Plus it will then work for other outings. We took our BJCC to WDW last year and it was great there for DS2 to nap in and have a comfy ride. It's also pretty easy to load in my car.

WolfpackMom
03-16-2011, 09:52 PM
I would choose the Bob Revolution. We had a fixed wheel Bob and while it was a great stroller, it just wasn't made for what I needed - a good solid walking stroller. I replaced it with a BJCC and while I think the Bob feels slightly more solid, I have loved the BJCC. I got it for a great deal on CL which is why I went with that one. I *think* I'm getting ready to sell it. ;) ;)

Anyway, I read through some of those strollerswap messages and while I do agree for heavy jogging, unless you are out to run lots and fast, you'll be fine with a swivel wheel. Plus it will then work for other outings. We took our BJCC to WDW last year and it was great there for DS2 to nap in and have a comfy ride. It's also pretty easy to load in my car.

Well if you want to tell me more about the BJCC that you may be getting ready to sell, please do. lol I was looking at one on Craigslist (there is only one listed around here) but its got some fading and stickers torn off etc so I dont know how well it was taken care of.