PDA

View Full Version : Razor burn.......omg, who did I PO in a former life?

MamaSnoo
03-16-2011, 11:17 PM
I have now had 2 episodes of severe razor burn in the past 2 weeks. So bad that I could not shave for about 5 days. The first time it happened, I had put some lotion on right after shaving (I never do that but did not want "ashy" legs that day). So, I thought it was the lotion. I had large, red, stinging welts all over both legs for 4 days. It hurts to have my softest PJs touch them.

I tossed the razor that I had used, shaved once in between (after at least 5 days), did not apply lotion that day, and had no problems. Then, I shaved again this morning (again, no lotion). Oh, boy. It looks and feels awful.

I have not really changed anything....I usually use body wash, not a shave lotion, but that is not new. I use relatively cheap razors, but this is number 7 and 8 out of a pack of 10, and I did not have the problem before.

This is not a problem I have been prone to before. What gives?

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated. Otherwise, we can just move it over to the BP cause I am in misery!

Tondi G
03-17-2011, 02:12 AM
maybe you should try some shaving gel rather than using a body wash. I always get razor burn if I don't use shaving gel or shaving cream.

OUCH... hope the welts and pain goes away quickly.

ohiomom1121
03-17-2011, 10:38 AM
I've used a product called Bikini Zone after shaving or Hydrocortizone cream to reduce redness/rash. No idea why you're getting it so bad all of a sudden though. Good luck!

blue
03-17-2011, 01:04 PM
Razor burn is not fun-ouch.. I starting getting razor burn with my disposable razors a few years ago. I ended up switching to a 5 bladed razor with replaceable heads. That has helped me, so I figured I would mention it. I don't use any shaving cream to shave either. Good luck