PDA

View Full Version : these are working well in my freezer

tiapam
03-17-2011, 12:56 AM
I had these laying around (large size) because they were too big for my cabinets, so before returning, I tried them in the freezer:

http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10022155&N=&Ntt=handled+basket

They are working pretty well and are holding up better to the cold temps than I thought. They are not as deep as my freezer, but close enough that I like seeing the open space and don't miss the little bit lost. Which I could use sometimes if have something that will fit behind the basket(s). They are pretty lightweight, so I use the handle and a hand under the basket if there is heavy stuff in them. I already had a wire basket for the heaviest stuff, like meats.

I use a couple of smalls in an upper cabinet to hold sippy cups and all the stuff that goes with them.

Edited to fix link!

hillview
03-19-2011, 11:31 AM
How do you use them -- what do you put in them?
Thanks!
/hillary

tiapam
03-19-2011, 06:30 PM
I had the wrong item linked so I fixed it, so maybe it makes more sense now, though I think the small multi-box I originally linked to would work pretty well, too. I have mini pizzas in one, bags of fruit and veg in another and bread in a third. This is all on the bottom of my top freezer, along with a wire basket that holds meats. I am in the process of trying to clean out and use up stuff so I think it will take a while to see how this works in the long run.

hillview
03-19-2011, 06:35 PM
I like this idea. I am forever unaware of how many bags of frozen veggies I have at any one time etc. Thanks for posting!
/hillary

o_mom
03-19-2011, 08:31 PM
We have some of the sterlite baskets serving a similar purpose. I have one that is for open frozen veges, one for unopend and one that is all the ground beef from our 1/4 cow. I think there might be one more in there, but they do help immensely in keeping the frozen veges from getting lost in there.