PDA

View Full Version : Where Do you See Your Weight Loss First?

dhano923
03-17-2011, 11:41 AM
When you lose weight, where do you see the results on your body first? I've been doing Weight Watchers since the beginning of February and going to yoga and pilates 3x a week for the last 3weeks and have lost 17 lbs so far. I can definitely see it in my face and my ribcage area looks narrower, which I thought was a strange place to see it! I still want to lose another 30 lbs, so I have a ways to go, but I just expected my stomach to go down first, not my rib area.

You can choose multiple options -- I was just curious whether everyone loses it i different places initially, or if it's consistent amongst women.

mackmama
03-17-2011, 11:46 AM
My face is first, then my chest, then legs. My stomach is actually the very last place - which surprised me too.

baymom
03-17-2011, 12:03 PM
You've lost 17 pounds since Feb?!! Congratulations!! I've been working on losing my final 10 pounds since January and it has been painfully, discouragingly slow. You are doing awesome!! I saw my weight lose first in my thighs, I think. What I really hoped for, was to loose the belly pudge!

mezzona
03-17-2011, 12:08 PM
stomach, then legs, then arms. face and chest doesnt seem to fluctuate with weight. you've been doin great!

brittone2
03-17-2011, 12:11 PM
any weight gain or weight loss is immediately visible in my stomach. That can be a hallmark of insulin resistance, which I have thanks to PCOS. I'm in the middle of the healthy BMI range for my height, but if I put on 5 lbs it is always visible in my stomach. When I lose, that's where it comes off first.

momof2girls
03-17-2011, 12:15 PM
I just lost 20 pounds and am down to an A-cup bra! So yes, I lost weight in my chest first. Then my waist and legs.

Jo..
03-17-2011, 12:17 PM
Boobs. My breasts, which are small already, retreat into nothing when I lose weight.

And that sucks for me because I am a big tall girl (5'9") with broad shoulders and no chest. It becomes concave when I diet.

weech
03-17-2011, 12:24 PM
I voted stomach, but really it's the hips and high waist. Nice job on the weight loss! :thumbsup:

SnuggleBuggles
03-17-2011, 12:35 PM
Face...what I would give to be able to say stomach. That's the last place I see changes. But, it could be because that is the place I obsess about most and have the highest expectations for.

Beth

Laurel
03-17-2011, 12:57 PM
Definitely face...I tend to put on weight from the bottom (or thighs) up and lose it from the face down. Soooo unfair!

lizzywednesday
03-17-2011, 01:14 PM
I see it in my face first, but my clothes fit differently if it's going well and I tend to notice that before I notice my face.

I never see it in my arms, but sometimes see it in a loss of cup-size (have fluctuated from "B" through "DDD" since high school & college) and very rarely in the numbers on the scale.

One thing I felt helped keep me motivated was something they do/did at Curves - instead of just tracking weight lost, they also tracked body fat (with a body fat monitor) and inches lost from bust, upper arms and hips. It was heartening to lose inches and see a reduction in body fat %-age even if the number at the scale stayed the same!

hellokitty
03-17-2011, 01:25 PM
Congrats on all of those lbs lost in such a short period! Wow!

When I lose wt, I notice it in my face first and then waist, b/c I end up having to hike my pants up constantly, lol. I would suspect, my boobs would be next, but I am still stuck at the waist part. I have barely anything to lose off of my legs, they are actually really toned, even when I am not working out a lot, probably b/c I tend to toe walk. After getting off the belly wt, I would REALLY like to see some wt come off of my upper arms and my back. Those are big problem areas for me. I can tone my arms a bit, but can never seem to get them where I want them to be and my back has always been an issue for me, even when I was a lot thinner. I sometimes think that it must be genetic.

ilfaith
03-17-2011, 01:36 PM
Now that I am in my 40s, I do find weight loss seems to show up first in my face. When I lost about five pounds after a bout with the flu a couple of months ago, my face looked drawn. I've also gone down a cup size since I stopped nursing (lost about eight pounds since then including the five post-flu which I am trying to keep off) which I'm actually happy about since it's easier to find 32Cs than 32Ds.

KrisM
03-17-2011, 02:26 PM
Definitely my stomach. It's where I gain first too.

dec756
03-17-2011, 09:34 PM
boobs! unfortunately...

bigpassport
03-17-2011, 09:38 PM
I always notice it in my waistline first.

maestramommy
03-17-2011, 09:43 PM
My face. Harumph.

StantonHyde
03-17-2011, 10:37 PM
my boobs!!! And then my stomach. I am pear shaped so my ass is the last thing to go. It can still be padded while my collar bones and rib cage practically stick out!!!!

Nooknookmom
03-17-2011, 11:21 PM
In the past when I gained/lost weight, it was always my tummy. Then my face. If I could gain weight only in my boobs...I'd be on a high fat diet ;)

kijip
03-18-2011, 12:08 AM
Man, what I would not do to trade stomach and legs for face. I can't seem to lose anything around my face even though I am down three sizes. Frustrating because, well, let's just say I wanted to cry when I saw my college id pic, with my pretty, no chin chub, face, in my old files I was cleaning out my file drawers the other day. actually cry. ;)

kozachka
03-18-2011, 01:08 AM
I've read that your body saves the largest reserves of energy/fat for the largest crisis, so that's where you lose weight last. And vice versa, you lose your smallest reserves of fat first. This has certainly been true for me.