PDA

View Full Version : That Screeching Sound?

MamaMolly
03-17-2011, 09:03 PM
Me digging my heels in. Dolly is only 11 months and DH is push, push, pushing me to turn her around. Too bad, buddy, Mama bought the First Years True Fit so we can ERF.

Bwhahahahahahaha!

LMPC
03-17-2011, 09:07 PM
:jammin: You tell him! My DH talks about turning DD around every now and then. I tell him when he can give me one good reason, I will consider it. So far, he has come up with the following: 1) so she can interact more with us, 2) so she can see things better, and 3) because she's getting kind of big. After I stop laughing I tell him that 1) we converse with her the entire time we are driving...I don't think she is lacking in interaction, 2) *she* tells me things that she sees AND it's actually easier for her to see things that I point out to her as we pass them, and 3) um, no she's not....she's itty bitty. Men are funny!

Smillow
03-17-2011, 09:08 PM
Good for you! (and your DD:))

newg
03-17-2011, 10:14 PM
Good for you!!! I was able to hold off DH 'till DD1 was 2.5 and then logistically we had to FF to fit the infant seat back in the car.

Everytime DH pushed me I asked him if he'd rather DD1 have broken legs or a broken neck in a car accident. That usually stopped the converstaion right there!

AshleyAnn
03-17-2011, 11:09 PM
Guess thats my hubby's one good quality - he knows to shut up about car seat stuff regarding our DD and let me get my CPST thing on. We've discussed turning DD in his 2 door for logistic reasons but it always ends in dead silence while we stare at one another both thinking "but that really not the safest way". He may be a lier, cheater, and an alcoholic but at least he does not question my car seat knowledge. Of course thats probably because he nearly killed her in a crash a little over a year ago.

Sorry your DH is pushing you to turn her. Have you had him look at the videos or read any of the data? Keep pushing back...I had a baby in a car accident, I wouldn't wish the feeling I had when I got that call on anyone. But I would hope everyone in that situation gets the second feeling I had...I knew she was safe, I KNEW that seat was being used 100% correctly and I just KNEW my baby was fine because of it. Stick to your guns.

Joolsplus2
03-18-2011, 07:27 AM
You go, mama :thumbsup:
In a couple weeks, they're going to be officially upping the minimum FF recommendation, so you'll have even more proof on your side (I'll post it all over the place as soon as I see it, you won't miss it, but they have delayed the release, otherwise it'd be out NOW...)

:)

WolfpackMom
03-18-2011, 09:34 AM
You go, mama :thumbsup:
In a couple weeks, they're going to be officially upping the minimum FF recommendation, so you'll have even more proof on your side (I'll post it all over the place as soon as I see it, you won't miss it, but they have delayed the release, otherwise it'd be out NOW...)

:)

:bighand: Yay!! A temporary reprieve from explaining why my 13 month old is rear facing despite being 1yr. old!