PDA

View Full Version : Really Random Pumping Question

elizabethkott
03-18-2011, 06:45 AM
I can't believe I didn't even think of this until NOW.
My acting kids are going on a field trip today to a scene competition at a local college.
During the time span we are going, I usually pump twice in my office.
Where in the @)($ am I supposed to pump on the college campus? Find a bathroom? I do have my battery pack with me, so I guess I could do that... and I do have a second chaperone with me. Should I just be like, "Ok kids! See you in 20!" and take off?
How did I not think of this?!

wellyes
03-18-2011, 06:48 AM
Call the visitor center to ask if they have a "mother's room". You'd be surprised how many facilities do - most corporate meeting centers do these days, so I'd be surprised if campuses don't.

egoldber
03-18-2011, 06:48 AM
When you get there I would ask the event coordinator if there is a private place you can use. Maybe you can use someone's office, a conference room, etc.

TwinFoxes
03-18-2011, 07:54 AM
I think there's a good chance there is a place for that, hopefully you'll be close by. (some campuses are huge!) If all else fails, could you pump in the van, or whatever you're driving there in?

pb&j
03-18-2011, 11:35 AM
When you get there I would ask the event coordinator if there is a private place you can use. Maybe you can use someone's office, a conference room, etc.

:yeahthat:

I had to attend a day long conference when DS was a tiny, tiny baby. I was so nervous, but the location hosts rolled out the red carpet for me.

lizzywednesday
03-18-2011, 11:53 AM
Call ahead; if it's got grad students you might even get a pass to the graduate student lounge, which will likely be better equipped than the undergrad lounge as far as comfy chairs & outlet locations. Bring the battery pack JIC ... also, if you have a car adapter, that should serve in a pinch.

IME, scene competitions are usually hands-off for the chaperone/teachers. Your kids will be fine. The judges and event coordinators will have an eye on them.

caheinz
03-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Yep -- call ahead. There should be somewhere you can use. If they can't help you on the phone, start asking around once you get there. Admin staff likely have keys to things like adjunct offices that you can use in a pinch =)

elizabethkott
03-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Thanks, all!
I wound up using an empty dressing room down in the green room area.
And one of my students won best actor!!!!!
:D