PDA

View Full Version : Land of Nod clearance toys

Twoboos
03-18-2011, 10:03 AM
Lots of good toy buys.

Wooden Doll house, furniture and family, Orig $299 now $84.95
http://www.landofnod.com/all-toys/sale/charming-two-story-colonial-by-owner/f7625

Rooms of furniture $4.95

Craft kits $2.95-$7.95
http://www.landofnod.com/arts-&-crafts/sale/1

Wooden Pizza $4.95 (orig $19.99), Felt Food $6.95 (orig $24.99)
http://www.landofnod.com/kitchen-&-grocery/sale/1

schrocat
03-18-2011, 10:16 AM
I just placed an order.

Here's a code for free shipping for purchases over $100 if you use your VISA card to pay
VISA11H

It took me a while to find it. Hope that helps someone.

Avispa
03-18-2011, 10:43 AM
wow, shipping cost is crazy: for $23.xx worth of toys they want $16.xx for the shipping!!

cckwmh
03-18-2011, 10:51 AM
i just tried to buy $22 worth of toys and the shipping would have been $24. i know it still is cheaper than paying full price, but i can't pay more in shipping than the actual product.

ett
03-18-2011, 10:53 AM
They changed to shipping based on weight, which always comes up high. :(

LMPC
03-18-2011, 10:57 AM
I just placed an order.

Here's a code for free shipping for purchases over $100 if you use your VISA card to pay
VISA11H

It took me a while to find it. Hope that helps someone.

I am sending you a big fat KISS for this one!!! You just saved me $66 in shipping!!! Bought the playdough kit, the doll house with family #1, and a block set!!! DH is going to kill me LMAO!!!

Octobermommy
03-18-2011, 10:59 AM
For my $22 order, they want $28 just for shipping. "Fair and Square" shipping is what they call it, I think not.

ChristinaLucia
03-18-2011, 10:59 AM
Thank you so much schrocat!!!!

You saved me over $70 in shipping!!! Those are HOT HOT HOT deals!

jent
03-18-2011, 11:02 AM
Hmmm... what do you all think of that dollhouse for an about-to-turn-4 year old? My parents I know will want to get a "big" gift for DD and this would fit the bill.

But, maybe it's not really colorful/realistic enough? (Of course I love the natural wood, but kids don't always appreciate the same).

Currently we have a battered Loving Family dollhouse that I got off Craigslist last year. I've been thinking to replace it with a nicer dollhouse when DD gets bigger.

Not sure this is the one though.

iaam
03-18-2011, 11:09 AM
Deleted

schrocat
03-18-2011, 11:25 AM
I am sending you a big fat KISS for this one!!! You just saved me $66 in shipping!!! Bought the playdough kit, the doll house with family #1, and a block set!!! DH is going to kill me LMAO!!!

Yay on saving money on shipping! I know what you mean.. my heart sank when I saw that shipping was over $60 before I found the code.

SDGal83
03-18-2011, 11:35 AM
Wow! Lots of great discounts! I picked up the with family #2, the wooden railway, kate quinn blouse and pants and the suitcases!

Dollhouse: http://www.landofnod.com/all-toys/sale/charming-two-story-colonial-by-owner/f7625

Railway: http://www.landofnod.com/all-toys/sale/i%27ve-been-everywhere-road-and-rail-set/f4908

Kate Quinn Blouse: http://www.landofnod.com/all-sale-items/sale/itty-bitty-blouse/f6892

Kate Quinn Pants: http://www.landofnod.com/all-sale-items/sale/these-pants-have-legs-toddler-/f7942

Suitcases: http://www.landofnod.com/all-sale-items/sale/pack-%27em-in/f6429

I chatted with a rep because I wanted to see if I could apply the 15% registry completion code and here are the 'facts' she told me:

- You can create a registry today (apparently you can't create a registry with a past event date), and it will take 2 days for the discount to apply, which they will apply retroactively. So you could buy your items today and once you get your registry completion code, they'll update the price for you

- The rep gave me a special code via chat to make shipping free (although the visa free code is also great)

- You can only use one discount per order, so she said you can't combine the 15% off with free shipping. SO, my question is has anyone successfully done that anyway? It couldn't hurt to try!

iaam
03-18-2011, 11:37 AM
Hmmm... what do you all think of that dollhouse for an about-to-turn-4 year old? My parents I know will want to get a "big" gift for DD and this would fit the bill.

But, maybe it's not really colorful/realistic enough? (Of course I love the natural wood, but kids don't always appreciate the same).

Currently we have a battered Loving Family dollhouse that I got off Craigslist last year. I've been thinking to replace it with a nicer dollhouse when DD gets bigger.

Not sure this is the one though.

I am with you. I added it to my cart, did a quick search for some other options and decided that DC will enjoy a colorful doll house much more (a couple of the Kidkraft ones look really cute). I am going to pass on this one, but it's a great deal if this is the one for your kids!

WolfpackMom
03-18-2011, 11:56 AM
i just tried to buy $22 worth of toys and the shipping would have been $24. i know it still is cheaper than paying full price, but i can't pay more in shipping than the actual product.

:yeahthat: Thwarted by shipping! What I want to get does not come near $100 to use the free shipping code. Great deal though if you are going for the big items!

endlessheather
03-18-2011, 12:07 PM
Go figure! I created a registry yesterday because the bedding we want for our youngest son's big boy room is $$ so I wanted a discount. :) While there, I saw the puppets on sale for $1.95 and wanted to get them but include with the bedding...of course now they are sold out, doh!!!!

mommylamb
03-18-2011, 01:01 PM
Shipping is a killer, but I went ahead anyway. The deals were so good that I just sucked it up. I wasn't buying over $100 worth anyway.

elbenn
03-18-2011, 01:25 PM
The pizza kit is a really great deal. So was the playdough kit, but that is already sold out.

Melarina
03-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Awesome deals but shipping killed it for me -- I even called CS to ask about shipping and she pretty much implied that the deals were so good I couldn't expect to get a shipping deal too! Which, um, for me makes the deal not so good...

i.e. I wanted one doll family for about $5 and the shipping would have been over $8 -- shipping would have been almost double the cost of the item itself -- what in the world?

Oh, Land of Nod you taunt me with your deals :wink2:

JBsmom
03-18-2011, 08:53 PM
Thanks schrocat!!! You are the hero of the day! I can't believe how ridiculous the shipping charges are! Mine would have been $71.XX for a $106.XX order! For that price I would expect someone to come and put the dollhouse together for me! I am super excited about the dollhouse, even though my daughter is nowhere near old enough for it!

LMPC
03-18-2011, 09:00 PM
:hysterical: You should have seen DH's face when I told him I bought DD a doll house. He was not amused, nor was he impressed when I told him how much $$ I saved on shipping. Some people just don't get it ;) Glad I have you guys to enable me!!! :thumbsup:

JBsmom
03-18-2011, 09:11 PM
yeah, I was afraid that my husband was going to be less than amused- especially after I bought an everything chair a couple of days ago!! But since I had alot of complications with my first pregnancy, I presented my purchase as part of "getting things in order" for when we decide to try for child #2. We plan on having clothes for my daughter, all of our gift buying done in advance, etc. He actually seemed to think it was a good idea!

sewarsh
03-19-2011, 08:10 AM
I just have to tell you all that I wanted that dollhouse forever for my DD and looked and looked but ended with a different house because that one was too expensive.

Then i had to trying to get that barn for months and months for DS but again couldn't find it any cheaper than $69 so I ended up taking a free one from an aquaintance that is not nearly as nice, but since it gets little play, I don't feel compelled to replace it.

Anyways, these are amazing deals. One year ago I would've gotten them all!

MotownMom
03-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Thanks again to the previous posters, I saved over $60 on shipping and got some great gifts for next Chistmas/new baby gifts at 75% off.