PDA

View Full Version : most compact umbrella....

sweetsoul99
03-18-2011, 11:27 AM
Okay, I'm thinking about getting a new umbrella stroller...and I want to go as light and compact as possible. I'm thinking mostly for quick trips in and out of the car, maybe an occasional nap.

I'm mostly thinking about the volo...but I'm not a huge fan of the tiny wheels, I also think the triumph gives a rather stiff ride...

What are your thoughts on the 2? Is there an umbrella stroller that has 6 inch wheels, or 5 inch wheels with suspension, can be push and steered with 1 hand, and is less than 13 lbs?

MamaBear
03-18-2011, 11:51 AM
What about a Zapp?

Multimama
03-18-2011, 12:12 PM
What about a Zapp?

That is exactly what I was thinking. It's not an umbrella, but it is incredibly compact and has a better push than most umbrellas. It does weigh 17.5 lbs though.

rin
03-18-2011, 12:19 PM
There's also the Uppababy G-luxe or even the G-lite: I don't have any personal experience with either, but it sounds like they have what you're looking for, and they're both umbrellas.

mackmama
03-18-2011, 12:45 PM
Uppa G-Luxe!

roseyloxs
03-18-2011, 01:39 PM
The cybex ruby has 4.7" wheels according to the website (http://cybex-online.com/site/us/pushchairs/ruby.html) and weighs 12.9 lbs.

sweetsoul99
03-18-2011, 03:57 PM
I was thinking about the Zapp...can anyone comment on it's steering? I NEED something that can be push and steered with 1 hand, thus allowing my other hand to help DD1.

Anyone know how big the wheels are on the g-lite? does it have suspension? What does the g-luxe have that the g-lite doesn't?

purpelina
03-18-2011, 04:09 PM
G-lite is the lightest there is (9 lbs I believe), it doesn't recline, has no legrest, and smaller canopy than g-luxe.
G-luxe is slightly heavier, but still light (about 12 lbs)

they have suspension, g-luxe has slightly bigger wheels.

Honestly, g-lite, g-luxe and maclarens can be pushed and steered with one hand to certain weight limit. It'll be the same for pretty much all strollers that have 2 handles instead of a handle bar.

With macs the "breaking point" seems to be 30 lbs - that's when I would really need both hands.
With uppas - about the same, I guess. I never owned one, only tried at the store.

Also, even if you have a smaller child in an umbrella, when you are walking on a rougher terrain, a really bad street, you also need both hands to push over cracks etc.

if you truly need one handed steering to hold your other child's hand, maybe look into city mini / or city micro?

Sorry, don't have experience with zapp...