PDA

View Full Version : Best footmuff for Mac Triumph?

new_mom_mry
03-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Do most Mac Triumph users use Bundle Me's or the standard Maclaren footmuff (e.g., http://www.diapers.com/product/productdetail.aspx?productid=35543) or something else? Does the Maclaren footmuff provide sufficient coverage? I'd like something that would cover my DS's shoulders as well and bundle him pretty well. We have a bundle me urban and I use it all the time with our Bumbleride Indie, but not sure what to use with our Mac...all I know is that blankets don't do an adequate job of covering him, especially at the beach. Took him for a stroll last night and covered him with a blanket (he was also wearing a jacket), and he ended up getting cold due to the wind. Thanks!!

rin
03-18-2011, 01:03 PM
7 a.m. enfant 212 blanket! I love, love, love ours. We've used it in -15F weather and only had to put a hat & scarf on our DD. The downsides are that (a) it's kind of bulky so you can't fold the stroller with it attached, and (b) it's expensive. I see them on ebay periodically, though (that's where we got ours), and gilt occasionally does 7 am enfant sales, so you can get them cheaper if you're willing to be patient.

new_mom_mry
03-18-2011, 01:27 PM
7 a.m. enfant 212 blanket! I love, love, love ours. We've used it in -15F weather and only had to put a hat & scarf on our DD. The downsides are that (a) it's kind of bulky so you can't fold the stroller with it attached, and (b) it's expensive. I see them on ebay periodically, though (that's where we got ours), and gilt occasionally does 7 am enfant sales, so you can get them cheaper if you're willing to be patient.

thank you! do you think it would be too warm for NorCal?? (just looked at this one http://www.amazon.com/Enfant-Extendable-Adaptable-Strollers-Metallic/dp/B00352M62A/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1300469124&sr=8-10)

I can see how it would be a MUST HAVE for a rough midwestern or east coast winter though!! Or is it very breathable? I am ideally looking for something for 50-60s weather with wind.

rin
03-18-2011, 01:39 PM
thank you! do you think it would be too warm for NorCal?? (just looked at this one http://www.amazon.com/Enfant-Extendable-Adaptable-Strollers-Metallic/dp/B00352M62A/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1300469124&sr=8-10)

I can see how it would be a MUST HAVE for a rough midwestern or east coast winter though!! Or is it very breathable? I am ideally looking for something for 50-60s weather with wind.

Hmm, yeah, it might be overkill for where you are. Our winters are a lot colder, so it was great for us, but the past week or two we haven't been using it because it really is very warm. These days, we're using a Brookspond Perennial buggy blanket, which isn't quite as warm as the 7 am enfant one, and has a removable liner so you can just use the wind cover if it's really warm out. I think they're being discontinued, but a few stores still seem to have them and again I've seen them on ebay lately for anywhere from $40-$70.

I don't have any experience with the JJ Cole Bundleme, so I can't weigh in on that one. I know they're super popular, though.

purpelina
03-18-2011, 03:01 PM
for milder weather I would recommend to look into sammysack stroller blanket. it clips on any stroller (there are buckles and straps to feed around the frame, perfect for a mac), they come in many color combos, have foot pocket, and you can fold the stroller with the blanket attached. You can also attach them higher to cover shoulders, or fold to cover till about waist or so.

They are on expensive side though (about 60 - 65 shipped), but there are certain designs on sale for about 35 (shipped).

They are about same weight as bundle me, but I like that there is just the top cover. It's easy to use, easy to get your child in and out, easy to switch between strollers. I love mine - have it in "black leopard", very cool!
Also, the top part is more water resistand than bundle me's, nad can withstand light drizzle or snow without any extra covers. For actual rain you will need a real rain cover though.

sammysack.com