PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with white duvet or bedspread?

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
03-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Just moved a very, very patterned bold rug into my bedroom and wondering if a solid white/cream would be a mistake with kids and a dog. Anyone done this? SOunds crisp and clean in theory.

mikala
03-18-2011, 02:22 PM
We had one for awhile and it worked out well. I wouldn't do a comforter in this color but a duvet is fine since it's easily washed. I'd look for something inexpensive made of cotton or another blend that washes well.

This one looks interesting:
http://www.target.com/Home-Ruched-Duvet-Set-White/dp/B003KRNBVU/ref=sc_qi_detailbutton

TwinFoxes
03-18-2011, 02:34 PM
We have a white duvet from Ikea. It washes well. It really looks crisp and cool.

We have two kids and two dogs. :)

bubbaray
03-18-2011, 02:35 PM
We have one, 2 kids and one dog (who is no longer allowed on the bed).

SnuggleBuggles
03-18-2011, 02:49 PM
I just stayed with a friend that has 2 big dogs, a cat and a new baby and a white duvet in the guest bedroom. Muddy pawprints on the duvet. The dogs have in and out privileges to the fenced yard all while owners are at work day so their paws aren't getting wiped off every time they come in. It didn't seem like a good combo.

Beth

JoyNChrist
03-18-2011, 02:52 PM
We have a white ruched duvet and kids and a Great Dane.

Not a problem, but the dog isn't allowed in our room.

willow33
03-18-2011, 03:35 PM
We have a white duvet and I love it! The dog is not allowed on the bed at all and we don't use it as a sleep cover so we pull it down at night.

This is the one I have:
http://www.donnakaranhome.com/dkny-willow-duvet-cover.html

salsah
03-18-2011, 04:43 PM
kids and dog aside, it sounds great, especially with a bold, patterned rug.

for the kids and dog, be sure it is machine washable. (i'm searching for a new bed set only because mine is dry clean only -- huge PIA with kids.)

twowhat?
03-18-2011, 05:01 PM
We have a white PB duvet cover for our bed. It's machine washable and washes up great. We put a LE fleece throw on top of when we lotion/dress the kids on there (every day after their bath). The dogs aren't allowed on our bed, but our female dog LOVES to rub her face on it first thing in the morning (stinker!) so it gets grungy at the edges, but washes up just fine. We like the crisp clean look.

salsah
03-18-2011, 05:21 PM
actually, solid white or cream may be the best option with the kids and dog. regardless of the color, you'l have to wash it a lot. with white/cream, you can soak it in oxy as often as you need to and not have to worry about fading.

kijip
03-18-2011, 05:57 PM
We do, but we don't have a dog or pets so I can't speak to that. However, i do have 2 boys and so far so good. I am very much a white linens chick- love white towels, white bedding etc. Makes the room look very pulled together and classic IMO.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
03-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Well, the ability to bleach is a plus and maybe this would force me to do more laundry? I am ashamed to say how long I sometimes go between doing linens.... Thanks All!

DietCokeLover
03-18-2011, 07:48 PM
I had a white one from IKEA and I recently had to throw it away. DD got hold of a red pen and hot pink nail polish and "decorated" the big piece of white paper.

kboyle
03-18-2011, 09:05 PM
we've always had a white duvet...we just make sure to wash it asap when needed so no stains set in.

3 kids, plus a cat who sleeps on the bed

salsah
03-18-2011, 11:32 PM
I had a white one from IKEA and I recently had to throw it away. DD got hold of a red pen and hot pink nail polish and "decorated" the big piece of white paper.

:eek: i would have been fuming!

but, why throw it away? you should have saved it and put it on her bed.