PDA

View Full Version : Is diarreah a sign of labor?

Dream
03-18-2011, 04:48 PM
My DD is today. I didn't have much of an apppetite yesterday, had a light breakfast and lunch but was feeling feverish. In the evening I had tea with milk and some cookies. Right after I started having diarreah. Had a fever of 100.5F, called the obgyn who adviced me to take tylenol but I forgot to mention diarreah to her. Fever went down but diarreah stayed. I have no appetite and unable to keep anything in.

Other than diarreah I have no other discomfort, no contractions. I'm wondering whether these are signs of labor arriving? Should I call my obgyn regarding diarreah?

SnuggleBuggles
03-18-2011, 04:57 PM
It can be. Some women clear out a bit down there prior to labor ti make way for baby. Also, the prostaglandins released to change your cervix can upset your stomach.

Beth

WolfpackMom
03-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Yes, some people say its the way your body clears the system before labor.

♥ms.pacman♥
03-18-2011, 05:17 PM
yes, it could be. i didn't have diarrhea but at 35 weeks i was feeling really nauseous (felt like morning sickness coming back..i had no appetite). i went to my OB appt that day and she said i was contracting a lot told me to take it easy. later that night contractions got so painful and closer together.. i ended up going to the hospital and delivered my DD the next morning.

AnnieW625
03-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Yes it happened to me both times. Once when I was induced with DD1 (thankfully the dr. or nurse was there with a bed pan), and the other time about 2 hours before I started pushing (no induction). Thankfully with DD2 I was able to do it in the privacy of my own bathroom at the hospital. With DD1 it just kind of happened.

Dream
03-18-2011, 08:17 PM
That's good to know, I was becming concern sine its been going on for 24 hrs now and I can't eat anything. I have a docs appt tomorrow.

drako
03-18-2011, 08:49 PM
I didn't have diarrhea but had an uneasy stomach for about 48 hours before and no appetite for a good 24 hours or so before I went into labor.

brittone2
03-18-2011, 09:41 PM
I never experienced diarrhea before labor with any of my kids but it is pretty common.

About 36 hours before I went into labor with DS1 I got really nauseous and hot overnight. DH had grilled pork that night and I kept asking if it had been cooked all the way because I thought maybe I had food poisoning and even debated calling the midwife to see if there was anything I should do. I felt awful. I had night sweats and just felt terrible until the next day. Was fine the whole next day/evening and went into labor the morning after that. I think I had a big hormonal shift. I didn't experience that with my other two kids but oh my was I nauseous!

I don't know if I had a fever that night, but I remember sweating a LOT in bed and feeling like I was having hot flashes.

larig
03-18-2011, 10:53 PM
totally was for me

momm
03-19-2011, 08:09 AM
Absolutely for me!

I've read that it is, too.

TMI - I went to the loo about 10 times in two hours before my contractions started regular.

Good luck!! Baby vibes!

Dream
03-19-2011, 09:30 AM
I hope so too. No baby as of now and I'm off to my docs appt, let's see what she says.