PDA

View Full Version : What color is your DD's room?

Kira's Mommy
03-18-2011, 09:51 PM
The title says it all. I'm redoing DD's room and need ideas from BBB color experts. Many TIAs!

katydid1971
03-18-2011, 10:03 PM
a yellow called "Butter" by devine paints. Love it!!!

smiles33
03-18-2011, 10:04 PM
A pale creamy pink/taupe depending on the lighting. It is called Dried Hydrangea.

bubbaray
03-18-2011, 10:05 PM
Pepto bismal pink. With white wainscotting. Not my choice, DH let her pick the color. Never let a 2yo pick the color of their room.

WatchingThemGrow
03-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Sherwin Williams Lily (yellow)

Twoboos
03-18-2011, 10:07 PM
An aqua called Crystal Clear by Benjamin Moore. Painted it before she was born and we didn't know if we were having a boy or girl.

I nearly passed out when I first saw it, it's bright! We have to repaint now and I might go one shade lighter to tone it down a little. She does not want to change the color!

Kira's Mommy
03-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Pepto bismal pink. With white wainscotting. Not my choice, DH let her pick the color. Never let a 2yo pick the color of their room.

:hysterical: Very good point, Melissa :hysterical:

SpaceGal
03-18-2011, 10:10 PM
DD's room is currently the guest room...right now a dismal gray....NEVER let your in-laws pick the paint color or paint. It's is the crappiest paint job ever.

ohsara430
03-18-2011, 10:12 PM
A really, really pale tiffany blue type color. It's gorgeous, don't remember the exact name of it but from Lowe's in their low VOC paint. I liked it so much I painted our laundry room the same color :)

malphy
03-18-2011, 10:13 PM
Benjamin moore-wales green.

Everyone compliments me on it. It is a nice apple green that lends itself to all the girly colors.

DD's room accents are hot pink, purple, soft pink and they all look so nice together.

My girlfriend had picked out the same color for her older ds's room and it looks great with the boy colors, too.

It is nice and bright but not cloying. LOVE it!

ha98ed14
03-18-2011, 10:15 PM
Spring green with white trim. I went with that because it would go with pink or purple and I figured DD would like one of those colors. She was just 2 when we moved here and painted.

brittone2
03-18-2011, 10:37 PM
DD had BM Lavender Ice at our last house
We just picked up BM North Cascades for her room in the new house (Lavender Ice looked periwinkle when we did a big test swatch)

Both are Lavender type colors, which is her favorite and when we moved she really wanted Lavender again.

Her quilt is a soft sagey green with some cream details. I like pairing the green and the lavender :)

MamaMolly
03-18-2011, 11:19 PM
Peach, but then my whole flipping house is peach. The joys of assigned housing of a Government worker. At least it makes my skin look great! I bought Sherbet Garden bedding from JC Penneys to go with it and her red book case.

Seitvonzu
03-18-2011, 11:55 PM
3 walls are "melon popsicle" and one wall was done in cloud paint (what a PITA , but totally worth it :) the nursery theme was "lucy in the sky with diamonds" (we have a lucy), so we were going for "marmelade sky" on the walls. i couldn't be happier with the color--it's totally bright, but not too much. when we first painted, i was always running back upstairs to make sure the light was off (seriously-- it would look illuminated in there all the time)

gobadgers
03-19-2011, 12:13 AM
I like the Lucy in the Sky theme (I have a Lucy too). Our Lucy's room is a light, almost minty green. It was that color when we moved in and I thought we would repaint it when we got some time, but its grown on me a lot. Its a nice backdrop to all the shades of pink that end up in there (bed, furniture, clothes, toys etc...)

Kira's Mommy
03-19-2011, 09:46 PM
Thank you all very much for sharing! Gorgeous colors!!!

Indianamom2
03-19-2011, 09:53 PM
DD's room is a light/medium green shade on the bottom and a sky blue shade on the top. Around the middle, there are small patches of flowers, the occasional lady bug or inchworm and random butterflies, dragonflies and bumblebees flying through the sky (oh and some soft fluffy white clouds here and there too!).

It took forever, but it's still my favorite room in the house. It was the first one we painted...just a couple months before DD was born. I love that it's not all pink. Her bedding (now) is a pink and green quilt and I love that it's girly without being overwhelming. It's calm and serene in there.