PDA

View Full Version : DD Femine Itching! Help!

ChefGirl
03-18-2011, 10:01 PM
Well, DD has been complaining about femine itching lately right before bedtime. I put some Lotrimine cream to ease her itching. But, it doesn't seem to help her much...she just can't help but scratch herself. Anyone has any better solutions. I hate to see her suffer like that.... I know how that feels...she's almost six by the way.

Thanks in advance.

ha98ed14
03-18-2011, 10:46 PM
She probably has a yeast infection. My sister used to get them as a child. I would take her and have her checked out.

Jeanne
03-18-2011, 10:54 PM
My girls never got full blown infections but they got pretty red. I found that Triple Paste works just as well for healing this in 2 days time then anything else. Smothers the yeast quickly and is so thick that it stays put longer.

infomama
03-18-2011, 11:03 PM
Is this after bath time? It strikes me as more of a reaction to an irritant vs. yeast since it's isolated to right before bedtime. I may take her in to r/o an infection but I assume your ped will ask questions about soap/detergents/too warm or long baths. Can you think of anything you have changed or do use products with fragrances/dyes, etc?

Tondi G
03-18-2011, 11:30 PM
if it turns out to be yeast then you might consider giving her probiotics on a daily basis.

I've never had good results with over the counter stuff or lotrimin. I would call her pediatrician and see if they can see her soon. Hope you get it figured out and she is feeling better.... there is nothing worse than feminine itching!

wendmatt
03-18-2011, 11:32 PM
Is it after bathing or with no bathing? DD gets itchy if she doesn't wash or shower, I think it's the way she wipes, she leaves toilet paper residue, so now we usually shower off her privates daily and it's really helped with the itching.

maestramommy
03-19-2011, 08:02 AM
A couple of weeks ago I saw Cortaid hydrocortizone lotion. It's regular lotion but it has 1% hydrocortisone. I used it as body lotion while on a trip because it comes in a small tube. It worked pretty well.

Otherwise, for feminine itching I've used 1% hydrocortisone ointment with pretty good success.

ehlana06
03-19-2011, 10:49 AM
When I was young I had the same issue and it turned out to be a reaction to my bath soap. Maybe try changing brands to a more gentle, sensitive skin type formula.