PDA

View Full Version : Is the "mini kick" scooter really worth it?

sadie427
03-18-2011, 10:46 PM
We're looking to buy a scooter for my two year old--he can't get his hands off his brother's Razor but he's much too small for it. I've searched here and elsewhere and the "mini kick" is very highly rated. Is it really worth $80? Does anyone have another scooter their 2 or 3 year old likes and can use easily? (I know two may be on the young side and I'd be fine if he couldn't use it well for a while, but he's very physical and I have a feeling he will take to it quickly.)

TIA

ljackson
03-19-2011, 11:45 PM
It has totally been worth it for us. Keep an eye out for sales though - I think last year Kickboard USA (the makers) had a decent coupon in early spring. Not sure if they have had/will have that this year though.

lhafer
03-20-2011, 10:13 AM
I got our Mini Kick scooter for my 3 year old - but she's really petite. And we are still using it a lot 2 years later (she just turned 5). So are 3 of her closest friends (who are all boys). And I can see her easily getting another year or 2 out of it before needing to go up to the next size. Plus it's held up really really well - and it takes a beating! She has the aqua one.

She's 4 (not quite 4.5) in this picture:

happy2bamom
03-20-2011, 11:53 AM
We bought the mini for DS when he was 3. He's 4.5 now and still rides it every chance that he gets. It's been a great investment ! (All of the neighbor kids love it too)