PDA

View Full Version : iPad cover... which one?

Dream
03-18-2011, 11:00 PM
DH surprised me with an ipad2 today. I was actually shocked as I was yet to make up my mind whether I will get lot of use out of it to justify the price. But its already here. Its a 16GB with wi-fi. I know nothing about the ipad, just getting started.

I need to buy a case for it. Did you all buy the smart case or something else? I don't think I'll want the smart case, would much prefer something like a soft glove case.

I was thinking of something like this,
http://www.accessoriesofapple.com/ipad-2-skins/6272-ipad-2-plain-skidproof-silicone-skin-guard-cover-black.html

Please recommend yours!! Thank you.

caheinz
03-18-2011, 11:03 PM
The smart case will allow you to prop it into good positions for typing and viewing.

I have an original iPad and use that Apple cover with it, but also carry it in a BuiltNY case. I like it since I can keep the power cable, etc. in the pocket, so it's all in one place, and I worry less about throwing it into another bag like that.

It's snug with the original Apple cover, but I think it would fit an iPad2 with a smart cover very nicely! (Since mine's from work, I'll probably get to update some day, and have already thought about this a bit!)

MMMommy
03-18-2011, 11:17 PM
I bought the Apple red leather Smart Cover for my ipad 2. I liked the red color, but decided to return it for this Marware brand cover instead. The Marware one serves the same purpose and has the same features, AND it provides protection for the back of the ipad 2. The Marware cover has the magnetic "awake/sleep" feature just like the Apple one. There are cutouts and such for the camera holes too. They are the same price ($69 for the Apple red leather Smart Cover) and $69.99 for the Marware cover. But since the Marware provides protection for the back of the ipad 2, I figure it is a better buy.

http://www.marware.com/ipad-kindle-cases-and-covers/ipad-2-covers/microshell-folio-black-ipad-2-case

I pre-ordered it, so I don't have it yet. I hope it meets my expectations, since I already sent back my red leather Smart Cover! This type of cover is not the soft case you are looking for, but I thought I would mention it. Belkin also makes some nice cases for the ipad 2.

Dream
03-18-2011, 11:31 PM
I bought the Apple red leather Smart Cover for my ipad 2. I liked the red color, but decided to return it for this Marware brand cover instead. The Marware one serves the same purpose and has the same features, AND it provides protection for the back of the ipad 2. The Marware cover has the magnetic "awake/sleep" feature just like the Apple one. There are cutouts and such for the camera holes too. They are the same price ($69 for the Apple red leather Smart Cover) and $69.99 for the Marware cover. But since the Marware provides protection for the back of the ipad 2, I figure it is a better buy.

http://www.marware.com/ipad-kindle-cases-and-covers/ipad-2-covers/microshell-folio-black-ipad-2-case

I pre-ordered it, so I don't have it yet. I hope it meets my expectations, since I already sent back my red leather Smart Cover! This type of cover is not the soft case you are looking for, but I thought I would mention it. Belkin also makes some nice cases for the ipad 2.

This actually looks good. I do want something that'll protect the back too.

MMMommy
03-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Okay, so the indecision in me kicked in...again. After using the ipad 2 for a week now, I've gotten a good idea as to how I plan on using it. Mainly, in my lap or just holding it, versus propped on a table at a tilt. So I changed my Marware order to the Marware CEO Hybrid instead. It is a mix of soft and shell protection, and it also has the magnetic "awake/sleep" feature. It does turn into a stand as well. I realized I wanted a true folio-like open and close, like a book. I think this fits the bill.

http://www.marware.com/ipad-kindle-cases-and-covers/ipad-2-covers/c-e-o-hybrid-ipad-2-case

mezzona
03-23-2011, 04:55 PM
the smart case is very good, IMO. got that and a $5 neoprene sleeve off amazon for storing or packing.