PDA

View Full Version : BLCM seat support?

Edensmum
03-19-2011, 12:14 AM
I got the BJCM today and I'm really surprised by the seat bottom being only fabric. I tried it with the back support in and out and ds seems to have trouble sitting upright and keeping his balance. Is there anyway to make the bottom of the seat more solid like the back insert does? Also is the snack tray able to be lowered? That is really high.

Kaylee31
03-19-2011, 12:51 AM
I think the only way you could make the seat more supportive is to get a padded insert like this: http://www.amazon.com/Tike-Tech-Cozy-Padded-Insert/dp/B0008FUDEU/ref=sr_1_3?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1300509715&sr=1-3
I bought it for my TT, but it should fit the BJCM also, there's only about a 1/2" difference in seat width.
How old is your DS? I got our BJCM when my DS was 12 mo. I did put cardboard in the back (2010 model w/out the PE board insert) to make it more supportive. But I got the belly bar to go on it at first for him to hold on to; and usually only buckle the lap belt, not the chest harness. This allowed him to lean forward and hold on to the bar.
Now I have the snack tray too. I agree it's pretty high (chest level on my 32" DS); and there is no way to adjust the height like there is on the belly bar.

blondflava
03-19-2011, 12:24 PM
My DD doesn't mind the bottom being fabric at all (but she's almost 2 and doesn't mind the whole-hammocky seat of our umbrella as well. We never got the tray as it does sit too high IMO and kind of beats the purpose... the belly bar is better as it can be lowered, again, my DD hops on and off often so we didn't bother with that too..