PDA

View Full Version : pink eye!!??!!

kochh2
03-19-2011, 09:42 AM
Ok, so i know my DS (6.5)has a sinus cold, and woke up saying the sand fairy left SO MUCH sand in his eye this AM it was glues shut... So, after being up for a few hours, it is pretty clear he has pink eye, and with DS having had it before I am very sure thats what it is. I am only asking for this specific info: What is the length of treatment for Ofloxacin Opthalmic drops?/ I have an unexpired bottle with a lot left in it, and will use that, rather than go pick up MORE nasties at the pedi office LOL!! Anyone recall or know the dosage?? 4 times a day, one drop in affected eye, but for how many days??

thanks in advance!

boilermakermom
03-19-2011, 10:07 AM
When did it expire?

robinsmommy
03-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Last I heard, they were no longer giving eyedrops for all cases of pink eye - many times it is viral, and antibiotics are not needed.

If it were me, I'd would check in with the Ped's office, even if only by phone, esp as it is associated with a cold.

BeachBum
03-19-2011, 03:01 PM
My boys were told 3x a day for 5 days.

etaylor75
03-19-2011, 03:21 PM
My 5 year old DS just has pink eye, along with strep. He was given the drops every 3 hours for 7 days. I actually used contact solution to lightly flush his eye and it worked really well to clear out the goo.

Here's the link with info re: contact solution...

http://naturalhealthbuzz.com/herbal-remedies/Home_remedy_For_Pink_Eye.html

Erin

JBaxter
03-19-2011, 04:33 PM
I can answer this.... I just had pink eye last week..... 4x a day for 7 days. I have to admit I only did 5 days. After 2 days change all bedding or pillow cases wash in HOT. We managed to pass it around. Both Connor & Jack had it. I used the same bottle for all of us.

FYI I put a drop in EACH eye the first day.

kochh2
03-21-2011, 06:49 AM
Many thanks to those who posted with the info i requested. those who posted unwanted medical advice... If i wanted that, i'd have called my doc, who would have asked us to come in...