PDA

View Full Version : does anyone here own a joovy caboose? what do u think of it?

chozen
03-19-2011, 12:53 PM
it will be for a 2yo and a 3yo. how is the steering ?

etaylor75
03-20-2011, 12:02 AM
I had a Joovy Caboose ultralight and ended up selling it. My main issue was the steering, it was pretty clunky. I have a Bob Duallie and it is so much easier to maneuver, I just didn't use the Joovy.

It also seemed pretty long and was hard to get in an out of the car, with the infant carseat adapter on, it didn't fit in my trunk.

I wanted to love it since it seems so practical, but it just didn't work for us.

Erin

emily
03-21-2011, 08:12 AM
The steering is terrible. We have the regular version and it was used only by DH for daycare dropoff/pickup in a very busy parking lot in a office building. He wanted a tandem that would fit in the elevator without taking up the entire elevator with ability to strap in older DC. DH loves the stroller. I hate it! We havent used it since we changed daycare. Need to get around to getting rid of it.

Ah, also the front seat is very wide. Feel like DS has almost too much room. It's big when folded. It lived in the Oddey so it wasn't much of an issue for us but I can imagine it being a pain in a smaller car trunk especially since it's heavy too.

In hindsight, we probably could've gotten by with an umbrella and a buggy board.

Edensmum
03-21-2011, 07:33 PM
I have the Ultralite Caboose, in Blueberry, 2010. I really don't like it. I want to like it, it's practical but it's a bear to push and get in and out of the car. I have ruled out strollers that weigh that much based on this stroller and I'm rethinking that, maybe it's just this stroller.

Pros
Nice colors
upright front seat
snack tray
big canopy
big basket(but it's hard to access with two kids in it)
It's a good disney with two kids stroller, you can keep them both happy and carry all the stuff.
It was good getting into hotels, carrying all the stuff. It's a cart basically.

Cons,
Push is okay, it's got bigger wheels, but it's heavy and long and you have to step on the child stand to get it over curbs Etc. This is in a city with lots of uneven terrain.
It's heavy and bulky.
The parent console is a joke and gets in the way of your hands holding the bar.
Over all I'll keep it until dd is really too big and get rid of it. If you want one, don't bother with the extra money for new, just get an older model and resell it.